Home

EASHL Builds

This is a discussion on EASHL Builds within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
EASHL Builds

Have yall found any different build combinations that are working better/worse than in the past?

Forwards- I see a lot of people going 2 way forward instead of grinder this year, but I just don't think the TWF build gives me enough power to really lay the lumber. I've been using a 6'1/205 grinder recently and do some damage (15+ hits a game), not to mention putting up a few points on the offensive side as well. I'm going to give power forward a shot. Just setting it up it seems like a good balance but time will tell.

Defense- My friend is rolling with a enforcer D-man and is just ruining people. He doesn't produce a great deal of offense with his 6'9 giant, but he will decrease at least 1 and sometimes 2 guys attributes throughout the game. I'm thinking size is the most important attribute as far as hitting goes, but haven't found the perfect Ht/Wt ratio to hit but to also be fluid enough to produce on offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Just started!

gms08's Arena

Post Re: EASHL Builds

I found a builder that might help you out a bit. As far as I am aware, there is no copyright, but mods, feel free to take down if you see otherwise. I know the terms.

The site is: pixelhockey . net/builder/

Also,I found the info below elswhere:

Quote:
NHL 14: Player Build Types

In NHL 13 there are six different forward builds and four different defenseman builds.

Forwards
Playmaker
Sniper
Two-Way Forward
Power Forward
Grinder
Enforcer
Defenseman
Offensive
Defensive
Two-Way
Enforcer
So, the next question would be: “Which player build is best for me?” Allow me to dive in to each player build and assess their strengths and weaknesses.

OFFENSE

Build
Playmaker
Overall Assessment
For players who want to move the puck effectively and don’t care too much about giving up the body and not being able to make a hit (Think Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk, Martin St. Louis, Henrik Sedin)
Strengths
Puck movement and control; awareness of the play; athleticism
Weaknesses
Average poke check; poor strength; no hitting ability
Build
Sniper
Overall Assessment
For players who want to be able to find the back of the net consistently and don’t mind sacrificing some team play due to lower passing ability (Think Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Steven Stamkos)
Strengths
Shooting; athleticism
Weaknesses
Poke check; awareness of play; passing; balance; hitting ability
Build
Two-Way Forward
Overall Assessment
A well balanced build for players who want to be responsible defensively. A great hitter and great at taking face-offs (Think Jordan Staal, Henrik Zetterberg, David Backes, Patrice Bergeron)
Strengths
All defensive categories (awareness, discipline, poke check, face-offs etc.); offensive awareness; athleticism
Weaknesses
No real weaknesses, this build can truly be tailored to your style of play. The only weakness would be that the offensive category is not the greatest
Build
Power Forward
Overall Assessment
A brute of a player who uses his size and strength to plow his way to the net (Think Dustin Brown, Joe Thornton, Jarome Iginla)
Strengths
Shot power; body checking, aggression; strength; balance
Weaknesses
Passing; puck control; awareness; face-offs; agility
Build
Grinder
Overall Assessment
A tough player who plays with an edge. Incredibly fast and can make life hard on defense with an aggressive fore-check. Think Ben Eager, Steve Ott, Cal Clutterbuck)
Strengths
Body checking; aggression; defensive awareness; face-offs; poke check; acceleration; agility; endurance; speed; balance; strength
Weaknesses
All offensive categories except hand eye
Build
Enforcer
Overall Assessment
A guy who can’t wait to drop the gloves. Takes the body any chance he gets. His job is get in the other team’s face and just be aggressive in general (Think George Perros, Zenon Konopka, Shawn Toronton, Derek Dorestt)
Strengths
Slap shot; strength; body checking; aggression; fighting skill; balance; durability
Weaknesses
Almost everything else. Probably better to choose a grinder to be honest
Defense

Build
Offensive D-Man
Overall Assessment
Loves to carry the puck and loves to score. Has great play making ability, but lacks a little responsibility defensively (Think Erik Karlsson, Justin Schultz, Kris Letang)
Strengths
All offensive categories; defensive awareness; athleticism
Weaknesses
All defensive categories except awareness
Build
Defensive D-Man
Overall Assessment
Your shut down guy who can lower the boom on players with his size and strength. Highest rated player in the game (Think Zdeno Chara, Ladislav Smid, Brooks Orpik, Shea Weber)
Strengths
Slap shot; all defensive categories; strength; balance; durability
Weaknesses
The majority of the offensive categories (deking, puck control, etc); acceleration; speed
Build
Two-Way D-Man
Overall Assessment
Can play both sides of the puck. Much like the two-way forward, the two-way d-man is pretty solid in all categories with no stand outs and not many serious flaws (Think Tom Gilbert, Dustin Byfuglien, Mike Green, Nick Lidstrom)
Strengths
Average in all categories
Weaknesses
No huge weaknesses. Maybe deking and shot accuracy
Build
Enforcer D-Man
Overall Assessment
Loves to lay the body and make players pay for their decisions. You can count on these guys intimidating the other team but not doing much of anything else (Think Andy Sutton, Anton Volchenkov, Mark Fistric)
Strengths
Slap shot; aggressiveness; body checking; fighting skill; poke checking; shot blocking; balance; durability; strength
Weaknesses
All skating categories; almost all offensive categories
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Banned

OilersFranchise's Arena

Re: EASHL Builds

I roll grinder on the wing because the skating category is usually nice and cheap.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I've always played with a Two Way Forward. Fits my game perfectly and my offensive stats are pretty good.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I change between two-way and power forward. I hold the puck a lot to set up teammates and the extra strength with a pwf helps to bounce some checks and get passes off. Sucks losing out on my faceoff skills though.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Fallugaloog's Arena

OVR: 7

Trying out an Enforcer winger this year almost exclusively, and it is an AMAZING amount of fun. (Provided you know the basics of how to fight/beat spammers this year.) Being the team's default option for a fight when they shoot Offsides or bowl a mate over is endlessly entertaining, and I find I'm able to still get into position for some good passes and assists pretty often as well.

OSHL: New York Islanders: 10-11-5

Next games: WPG, PHX, PHI, PHI
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Just started!

I think the playmaker has some easy attributes to get up and it plays to my style of play for deking and puck control

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »