Home

Live the Life experience....

This is a discussion on Live the Life experience.... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Live the Life experience....

I am finding it super difficult to get any sort of experience points... most I have gotten in a game is 65.... the GM is asking for 130 my next game because I have not been meeting my goals. I'm a Power Forward LW drafted at #3 by the Lightning. the first game of the preseason I was with Stamkos and had my best game but was demoted to 2nd line and my points have just been dropping every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Live the Life experience....

I think it really depends on what kind of player you have. I found it awfullly easy to get points with my enforcor, just lay a few hits and have a couple of fights and you get easily 100-200 EXP, no matter if you are -3 with a terrible game. With my two-way forward i need a really really good game to get 100-150 EXP though
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Just started!

gms08's Arena

Cool Re: Live the Life experience....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhammer
I am finding it super difficult to get any sort of experience points... most I have gotten in a game is 65.... the GM is asking for 130 my next game because I have not been meeting my goals. I'm a Power Forward LW drafted at #3 by the Lightning. the first game of the preseason I was with Stamkos and had my best game but was demoted to 2nd line and my points have just been dropping every game.
Since you are a power forward, you will have different goals and different expectations from your coach. If you have a power forward set up, and you rely solely on speed and agility, you're going nowhere.

Power forwards are the gritty guys that get in the crease, use their size and balance to ward off the d-man. Look for goalie screens, bump up your hand-eye skills and your balance and endurance. You want to be able to stay strong in a crease and play for the deflection on a point shot....or just RUN from a Stamkos shot heh
Old 10-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gms08
Since you are a power forward, you will have different goals and different expectations from your coach. If you have a power forward set up, and you rely solely on speed and agility, you're going nowhere.

Power forwards are the gritty guys that get in the crease, use their size and balance to ward off the d-man. Look for goalie screens, bump up your hand-eye skills and your balance and endurance. You want to be able to stay strong in a crease and play for the deflection on a point shot....or just RUN from a Stamkos shot heh
Exactly. If you're having the patience of get by the annoying little things that aren't right in this mode, then you have to respect what style you're playing.

Like GMS said, you're expected to go in the corner, screen the goalie, hit defenceman, create turnovers and be in the + column nights in nights out. View you role as Milan Lucic, I guess it's what the game is expecting from the position.

This mode as to begin with you choosing a type of play that you will respect. Not making a grinder or PFW a 50 goal scorer right away (it can happen, Cam Neely did it, but not first few years, it took time).
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Banned

OilersFranchise's Arena

Not even fair at the lack of XP per game, EA really needs to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Are you guys talking XP or pucks? I generally get 75 offensive, 75 defensive, and 60 athletic XP's per game.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Icon5 Re: Live the Life experience....

Slightly off-topic question, but I heard somewhere else online that playing in LTL Mode there is a large "the computer wants to score so they do no matter what" issue where it is not like that in BAP or just regular Career Mode?

Speaking in this case about playing LTL Goalie, someone else had mentioned that no matter how well you play they will score if the game decides the AI needs to score regardless of how well you are playing or whether it should have gone in... But in BAP and Career no such "catch up" mechanic exists.

Just wondering because I have watched a few Replays of goals on me and my position and angle cutting was perfect yet if I watch the puck it should have continued up over my shoulder and over the net by far yet for some reason the puck gets past my shoulder and drops down 8 inches and goes in... Makes no sense....

Any truth to this? LTL = Ice Tilt where as BAP/Career = No Ice Tilt?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »