Home

Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25

This is a discussion on Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25

I know a lot of people have been disappointed with early footage of next gen so far and I wanted to make a screenshot comparison of the two based on what we have seen of both so far.

Madden 25 Current Gen

Madden 25 Next Gen

Current Gen John Fox

Next Gen John Fox

Current Gen Russell Wilson

Next Gen Russell Wilson

Current Gen Drew Brees

Next Gen Drew Brees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25

Honestly I said I couldn't really see any difference but when put side by side you can actually see how it is better. The next gen Brees shot is awesome.

Again I think the main complaint people will have is that if you put current gen 2k14 next to next gen 2k14 the variance puts Madden's improvement to shame.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Looks the same
Old 10-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

I couldn't care less about the graphics - (and I am in the apparent minority who thinks the graphics are amazing). For me it's all about animation. When things start moving, will I finally believe the players are alive? Or will I continue to see folding paper bodies, hunched over players, guys standing still flat footed in coverage, QBs throwing passes while they are being folded in half, etc. etc. etc.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Honestly I said I couldn't really see any difference but when put side by side you can actually see how it is better. The next gen Brees shot is awesome.

Again I think the main complaint people will have is that if you put current gen 2k14 next to next gen 2k14 the variance puts Madden's improvement to shame.
Yeah absolutely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I think everyone here agrees the graphics are a little sharper with better lighting. But the problem is the game seems to play and move the same as current gen, with the same horrid animations and cut scenes. That's the problem.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Hey JP.

Umm... With new consoles the graphics will of course look better. Now can you compare gameplay between current gen and next gen from the small clips we have? Doesn't look all that different my man....
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I couldn't care less about the graphics - (and I am in the apparent minority who thinks the graphics are amazing). For me it's all about animation. When things start moving, will I finally believe the players are alive? Or will I continue to see folding paper bodies, hunched over players, guys standing still flat footed in coverage, QBs throwing passes while they are being folded in half, etc. etc. etc.
I couldn't care less about the graphics, but I think the graphics are no where close to where they could or should be. I also really don't care that much about how realistic players appear to move. I care about how realistic they move.

I dont want to see a DB continue to run 7 yards upfield when the WR stops on a curl. I dont care if hes hunched over or eating a twinkie

I don't want to see a pulling guard run aimlessly by a linebacker in pursuit.

I dont want to see a kicked ball bounce straight ahead every single time it hits the ground.

I dont want to see zone coverage where unless a WR stops in the zone he gets to run through it without even drawing the attention of the DB.

I dont want to see linemen run into one another like they are those old plastic figures that some of us use to play with on the vibrating football board.

The can animate a QB throwing the ball out of his rear end as far as I am concerned as long as the play is football fundamentally correct and has an anything can happen feel to it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »