Home

Why is my team awful?

This is a discussion on Why is my team awful? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is my team awful?

Athletic SG, got drafted to the Hawks. I made the starting lineup after 10 games. We're 2-14.

I can't imagine the AI is really different from 2k13. I started my career on Pro in that because it was my first time playing any basketball game (well, since the Genesis), but quickly moved it up to All-Pro and that was still not super challenging.

I can play a great game and we still lose. Close to half of our losses were by 20+ points. So, is there something I can do to change this? Did 2K make the lowest difficulty in MyCareer All-Pro? I'm personally playing decent-good games, but everybody else is making dumb plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why is my team awful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttentud
Athletic SG, got drafted to the Hawks. I made the starting lineup after 10 games. We're 2-14.

I can't imagine the AI is really different from 2k13. I started my career on Pro in that because it was my first time playing any basketball game (well, since the Genesis), but quickly moved it up to All-Pro and that was still not super challenging.

I can play a great game and we still lose. Close to half of our losses were by 20+ points. So, is there something I can do to change this? Did 2K make the lowest difficulty in MyCareer All-Pro? I'm personally playing decent-good games, but everybody else is making dumb plays.
If you know how to use cheat engine you can play career on any difficulty. I could probably explain that to you if you want.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

BBDuke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttentud

Aside from what the above said, there isn't much you can do. If you were the play maker of the team, you might be able to affect the game slightly more, but otherwise it'll be difficult. It's baffling that your Hawks started off that badly, it could just be a terrible cold streak? That happened with me in 2k13 when I was on the Wolves. We started off terrible and I was almost going to request a trade but I held off and we ended up moving onto the playoffs later in the season.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

Well, I'm fairly new to NBA 2k, so just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I'm just going to stick with it. If it gets really bad, I'll demand a trade. Everything seems harder in this one though, for sure. I'm seeing a lot more blocks/steals (sadly all on my team). I love difficult things, but it's seeming like I'm losing due to the CPU.

Thanks.

Why can't Madden be this difficult?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »