Home

How do you run your association?

This is a discussion on How do you run your association? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you run your association?

Just curious on how some of you guys run your association to make it fun and long lasting.

I want to know if you sim all games and play a general manager role or do you actually play the games. I'm still trying to figure out a way to actually enjoy an association that's long lasting. If I'm doing a rebuild season(currently suns on 2k14) I'm simming the first season while doing small trades so I can play some games during the second season. Usually I play about 10 games a season and sim. But with this, after 3 seasons I usually start over.

How should I enjoy an actual long term association?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: How do you run your association?

Play important and rival games. Sim the rest.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Player lock your favorite player. Play shorter quarters and more games. Play less games and longer quarters. Only use players that you have never used before. Other then that the mode gets boring fast.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play one game per week and sim the rest. That way you get to play some games but have to manage the team to your own liking when players are injured. I did this for the first time in 2k13 and it really keeps you interested.

I also only played every other game in the playoffs. I would flip a coin before each round and heads I would play the even games and tails I would play the odd games. This way you can't win every game in the playoffs and you may have to play important games which keeps it fun.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

I play every minute of every game. I can understand simming if you wanna finish a bunch of seasons, and don't have all that much time, but I'd rather play every game of 1-3 seasons, then sim 50-80% of the games and getting through 6-10 seasons.

But that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfrie09
I play one game per week and sim the rest. That way you get to play some games but have to manage the team to your own liking when players are injured. I did this for the first time in 2k13 and it really keeps you interested.

I also only played every other game in the playoffs. I would flip a coin before each round and heads I would play the even games and tails I would play the odd games. This way you can't win every game in the playoffs and you may have to play important games which keeps it fun.
Might have to do this.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Usually, I spend the first year completely simming the season. I intentionally pick a bottom five team that has at least a bit of cap space and a few promising prospects. Then, I spend the season making a few trades (but I try to stop myself from doing a complete roster overhaul, making it as realistic as possible) to shed salary cap space and acquire future picks.

Then, I usually go into the draft with at least two or three first-round picks. I use one pick to draft a top five rookie, and either I use the other picks to draft more rookies or I package a couple of mid or late first-rounders together on draft night to trade for a veteran.

I enter free agency with plenty of cap money, usually enough to sign at least one player to a contract of $9 million annually or more. Plus, I have my MLE.

From there, I spend the next few seasons playing 15-20 games at most (rival and key games) in 82-game seasons, plus I play the playoffs. By picking a terrible team the first year, I usually have a low playoff seed in the second season and a championship contender by the third.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

OVR: 1

Ive decided i wanna play every game so i do 14 games with 8 min quarters...6 min feels too short to me and this allows for foul troubles and more interesting strategies

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »