Home

Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots need fixing

This is a discussion on Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots need fixing within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots need fixing

I tried giving the new button lay-out a try but its not for me. I accidently shoot the rock very often while playing, I can't seem to get use to it. I prefer last year's button layout with the Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots. But since the the L trigger (LB or L2) is a shot modifier instead of a pass modifier how do I perform alley-oops and flashy passes. I can't seems to figure it out.

If there isn't a way maybe 2K should replace the LB or L1 button with a pass modifier instead of calling plays with it. I prefer using the directional pad to call plays anyways. Maybe replace up-dpad. Do we really need to know the signature skills while we're playing. I think its useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots need fixing

There is no way to alleyoop with the old setup. I agree, I don't understand why we need the sig skils overlay.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

hateee the new controls and my pride wont let me switch to the old ones
Old 10-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

I was actually pretty skeptical at first, but after 3-4 hours of gameplay shooting/dribbling feels very intuitive.
The only hiccup so far regards the spin move/spin layup... sometimes I pull off the wrong one
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not so bad. First thing I had to do is, take the LT out of my offense (forget the flashy passes for now). Now that I did that, now I'll bring it in slowly. But the alley oop and fake pass I miss the most. LT + X= Alley oop, takes too much thinking. I haven't used the "x" button in 3 years. X + A= Fake pass, just sucks pressing two face buttons simply sucks. I'd rather click the L analog stick.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

Last edited by TheBadazz; 10-04-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. BuЯNa
I tried giving the new button lay-out a try but its not for me. I accidently shoot the rock very often while playing, I can't seem to get use to it. I prefer last year's button layout with the Pro Stick: Isomotion/ Shots. But since the the L trigger (LB or L2) is a shot modifier instead of a pass modifier how do I perform alley-oops and flashy passes. I can't seems to figure it out.

If there isn't a way maybe 2K should replace the LB or L1 button with a pass modifier instead of calling plays with it. I prefer using the directional pad to call plays anyways. Maybe replace up-dpad. Do we really need to know the signature skills while we're playing. I think its useless.
It really just takes practice fam. Honestly. You prob spent a year playing with the older controls. It's going to take a minute to get ahold of it. Tap for moves will become natural if you give it a little time.

This means the muscle memory you built up will not convert to the new system. Stop trying to carry over and just start over. Start with basic moves and then build up from there.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 10-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It really just takes practice fam. Honestly. You prob spent a year playing with the older controls. It's going to take a minute to get ahold of it. Tap for moves will become natural if you give it a little time.

This means the muscle memory you built up will not convert to the new system. Stop trying to carry over and just start over. Start with basic moves and then build up from there.
The real problem is the do these slight overhauls every year. adjusting to the post game each year is a big pain in the but and now the entire game has new controls. I know what you are saying, but honestly it feels somethings were changed for the sake of changing.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

It took about 2 full games for me to get the new controls, except...

How do you explode out of a crossover?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »