Home

Fifa 14 is the most bugged game i've ever seen

This is a discussion on Fifa 14 is the most bugged game i've ever seen within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Fifa 14 is the most bugged game i've ever seen

Serious...from menu to gameplay i've never seen so many bugs in a game, and i play videogames since 1994!

Very bad EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 14 is the most bugged game i've ever seen

I may or may not disagree with this.

But you need to show or explain some examples of the bugs so that we have a reason to continue this thread.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
Serious...from menu to gameplay i've never seen so many bugs in a game, and i play videogames since 1994!

Very bad EA
Which system? Because I haven't seen any notable bugs, other than the occasional weird collision.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

PS3....examples? carrier mode menu extremely slow, changing players is frustrating because of the lag, defense and offense are not balanced, defenders are unreactive compared to offense, headers overpowered, online matches are unplayble, confusioning, seems like playing ping pong, every time you just think to sprint you loose the ball, L2 to protect the ball is useless most of the time, even if you have 50 meters of free field in front of you sprinting towards the goal, the player waaaaaaay back to you runs like Usain Bolt in the 100mt olimpic final catching the ball.....are we playing the same game???
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with many of the things you wrote.

EA can, or rather could, fix most of these things.

I wait on a patch. I am still playing it a lot but I do wish many of the things you listed were fixed.

Mainly useless L2, because EA came right out and said SHIELDING IS IN THE GAME - THIS IS GREAT - ENJOY IT yet it doesn't work.

And yes on the D recovery speed, this is a crutch EA threw in to reduce the scoring chances. It's not just that the CPU D is faster, they also routinely ignore the momentum system EA forces all the players you control to obey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Imbalances are not bugs. Bugs are glitches, crashes, and general programming errors. What you're referring to are design elements.

And stop using sprint all the time. It needs to be used when appropriate. Watch an actual game of soccer and count the amount of times, and for how long, someone is actually full-on sprinting with the ball.

This reminds me of hockey. People seem to think you're always skating as fast as possible with the puck, and that's just not true.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Imbalances are not bugs. Bugs are glitches, crashes, and general programming errors. What you're referring to are design elements.

And stop using sprint all the time. It needs to be used when appropriate. Watch an actual game of soccer and count the amount of times, and for how long, someone is actually full-on sprinting with the ball.

This reminds me of hockey. People seem to think you're always skating as fast as possible with the puck, and that's just not true.

Call them as you wish but for me they affect the game negatively, i use sprint button rarely in the game, but i suppose that when i go over my opponent and there is no one around me sprint button should work as determinated, this is not the case since seems like you are not sprinting at all. I'm italian, i live with soccer, i watch soccer games every day of the week, i don't need to see how it works.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2

Since when is a player that is dribbling the ball able to outrun a player who is in pursuit of him and not having to dribble a ball? That seems pretty realistic to me. Find me one person in the world that can run 50 yards faster while dribbling a ball than without having to dribble. Furthermore, if somebody has me beat with a wide open run at goal, as a defender I will be running at 100% effort to try and track him down.

Yes the slowness of career menus and their ability to move two spots when you want to move one is a bug...but the gameplay things you mention aren't bugs. Could the CPU players have better reaction times when a loose ball comes near them? Absolutely! However, it's not a bug because it doesn't break the gameplay. Instead, it's part of how the game plays!

Yes we as humans would like the AI of the 21 players not under our control to have a brain that thinks and behaves just as our real brains do...but I've never seen a video game that has AI that 100% mimics that of a human brain. If it did...it wouldn't be called ARTIFICIAL intelligence. Use your brain...and stop freaking out over AI imperfections in a video game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »