Home

Hows Madden online this year?

This is a discussion on Hows Madden online this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hows Madden online this year?

Not talkin OD's, just ranked matches.

I get NCAA every year and I like it alot, but online it is slowly fading and less and less people seem to be playing and matches are hard to find even when doing play now. My biggest gripe with it though is that defense online is ridiculously not fun at all. I'm not bad, (top 200 presently), but when I'm on defense it just isn't fun or realistic. Offense is way too easy. The only way to stop anyone is get turnovers cause its damn near impossible to stop anyone from getting a first down on 4 tries (everyone goes for it on 4th). It's frustrating and I'm quite bored of having to invent defenses by hot routing 3-4 defenders pre snap just in hopes of confusing other users in to throwing INTS.

Anyway, I usually get Madden about every other year, usually around January. How is it this year. Last years felt kinda cartoonish with all the engine goofs and it played very fast like a stinkin NBA Jam game.

Some thoughts about the game in general and online play with ranked public users would be awesome. Thinking about picking it up tonight but may hold out til PS4 drops.

Ill also add that the biggest problem with NCAA defense is that my frickin swat ball and intercept button only triggers about 20% of the time. I've labbed and labbed but for some reason my players just won't do anything to make a play on the ball when I user control them. I know it's not my controller(s) cause everyone is having multiple issues with it. Does this problem exist on Madden?
Thanks!

Last edited by UKwannabe; 10-01-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hows Madden online this year?

I've only been playing about a week but I am impressed with M25. I was strictly an NCAA guy for the last several years, but I can't put Madden down so far.

Haven't played online, but I think overall its a drastic improvement from last year.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

well if u wanna play the read option every game because that's what's everybody's using online and it dosen't matter who the qb is it don't have to be RG3,Kapernick,Wilson etc. I saw somebody post where they got destroyed by peyton manning... not by passing but they had him doing the read option got over 200+ yards rushing with manning. then of course u have the d/c glitcher's and lag switchers which take fun out of playing online.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Ill also add that the biggest problem with NCAA defense is that my frickin swat ball and intercept button only triggers about 20% of the time. I've labbed and labbed but for some reason my players just won't do anything to make a play on the ball when I user control them. I know it's not my controller(s) cause everyone is having multiple issues with it. Does this problem exist on Madden?
Thanks!
Yes it does exist on Madden. The developers toned down psychic DBs, but did not tone down the QB's accuracy. Ball hawk was supposed to account for this, but it doesn't - at least on PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »