Home

Selfish/No NBA 2k14 upgrade program

This is a discussion on Selfish/No NBA 2k14 upgrade program within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Selfish/No NBA 2k14 upgrade program

Instead they are listing the "Superfan Pack" which includes the codes to download both versions from psn or xbox live for $99.99 so I will save a whopping 20 bones but still have to spend $100 + tax for the privilege to play the current gen version for a month. I think not. Europe gets the 15 dollar upgrade but nothing for North America where the game is the most popular, B.S.

In light of this I will not be picking the game up tomorrow and will wait for the next gen, however that also means I will be waiting to see which game plays better for me, Live or 2k. Good chance they just lost 2 sales, I hope others who are picking up the new systems day one don't reward this precedent by buying both versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Selfish/No NBA 2k14 upgrade program

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Instead they are listing the "Superfan Pack" which includes the codes to download both versions from psn or xbox live for $99.99 so I will save a whopping 20 bones but still have to spend $100 + tax for the privilege to play the current gen version for a month. I think not. Europe gets the 15 dollar upgrade but nothing for North America where the game is the most popular, B.S.

In light of this I will not be picking the game up tomorrow and will wait for the next gen, however that also means I will be waiting to see which game plays better for me, Live or 2k. Good chance they just lost 2 sales, I hope others who are picking up the new systems day one don't reward this precedent by buying both versions.
Where did you find this? If this is true I might have to cancel my pre-order right now before the game ships

Edit: Nevermind... found it. This really sucks.

Last edited by Baller85; 09-30-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Pro

I found it here

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...scounted-price

Just saw your edit, I am pretty disappointed as well, was anxious to play it tomorrow. Now I am thinking that is why there was no demo as well, nothing to hold you over until the next gen lol. Annoying.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I just preordered from Gamestop about 30 minutes ago and they're offering the $10 upgrade to next-gen deal for both XBox One and PS4.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I found it here

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...scounted-price

Just saw your edit, I am pretty disappointed as well, was anxious to play it tomorrow. Now I am thinking that is why there was no demo as well, nothing to hold you over until the next gen lol. Annoying.
I was about to cancel my pre-order, but changed my mind. I'm too much of a hardcore b-ball fan to go without a basketball game for one and a half months. Still not entirely sure when I'll be able to buy a PS4 anyway.

Funny that they aren't selling the superfan pack until Oct. 15th... if people can't wait to get their hands on the game like myself they'll have to pay $60 for CG and $60 again if they want to play next gen. 2K's gonna make some serious dough lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I just preordered from Gamestop about 30 minutes ago and they're offering the $10 upgrade to next-gen deal for both XBox One and PS4.
I thought the idea was (in the UK I guess) that you keep the current-gen game, insert the disc into the NG console and you could download the NG game for $10--you then have two games. With the Gamestop deal you lose the CG game.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Where do you see that, I can't seem to find it? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

cferg21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Where do you see that, I can't seem to find it? Thanks.
I'm wondering the same.

Can someone confirm the PS3 to PS4 upgrade?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »