Home

CPU benching better players

This is a discussion on CPU benching better players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU benching better players

I edited a bunch of players on CPU teams and made them studs so I could import them into Madden 25 after the season. I did this before the off-season started (when you redshirt and set schedules/depth charts).

Now, after noticing that only a few of these player were in the stat leaders after 4 games, I see that the computer is not even starting these players on their own teams. For example, one team has a SOPH QB that is rated 82 instead of the Senior QB that is a 99?

Does anyone know why the computer cant figure out who is best on their depth chart? Has anyone else seen this? I wanted to build some depth in storylines before I drafted in Madden but since they are all bench players i cant even do that. Frustrating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU benching better players

I believe this is because you didnt change the depth chart. That is created at the very beginning of the dynasty. You would have to change your roster file and the corresponding depth chart before the dynasty started to get your desired results.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, the depth chart is reordered accordingly after the offseason, before the preseason. So changes won't reflect in the depth chart until next season since you can't manually adjust the cpu's depth chart. In the future years of your dynasty, I would edit your non-starting stars at the end of the season, that last week before advancing to the coach carousel. Of course, you run the chance of a junior declaring early because of their rating before they even have on-field success/experience. Editing only starters is your only other option.

I like to make my select coordinators beasts at producing NFL-caliber players at certain positions. For example, my first OC Joe Jacoby (former Washington Redskins HOG HTTR!) left after my 1st season and now I edit his OTs with a set amount of points to throw at the major OL attributes. The same for my former DC Darrell Green is applied to CBs.

Also, bear in mind that height/weight are factors in whether players get drafted into Madden. Probably, moreso than ratings.

Be cool.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok, good info. I figured if i edited them in the "pre-season" stage then the depth chart would re-order when the season starts so I will try to edit it before the off-season.

The only idea I have is to make the players 5'8' so they don't leave for the draft. That brings up another question though.

Will the height and weight override their OVR rating when it comes to depth charts for the CPR teams?

Also, if a Junior QB is an All-American and, let's say, wins the QB of the Year Award, will he automatically be the starter the next year (if he doesnt leave for draft) or will OVR ratings take affect for depth chart purposes if a SOPH is rated higher then him the next year on the same team?

Also,

Quote:
I believe this is because you didnt change the depth chart. That is created at the very beginning of the dynasty. You would have to change your roster file and the corresponding depth chart before the dynasty started to get your desired results.
This is something I want to do year after year so its not something when i start a dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »