Home

Making His Mark: A FIFA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Making His Mark: A FIFA 14 Dynasty within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Making His Mark: A FIFA 14 Dynasty

Making His Mark:
The Sean Dyche Story

This will be my first and (hopefully!) my only dynasty with FIFA 14 and it will center around the career of 42 year old Kettering, England native Sean Dyche.
The goal here is simple, become the first England born manager to win the Barclays Premier League title.
Known by fans as "The Ginger Mourinho" and "Stone Cold" for his resemblance to WWE star Steve Austin, Dyche had an 18 year playing career as a defender for teams such as Chesterfield, Bristol City, Luton Town, Millwall, Watford, and finally Northampton Town, racking up an impressive 460 games played before retiring in 2007.
Following his retirement he jumped right into coaching, taking over Watford's under 18's in 2007. From there he was promoted to assistant coach in 2009 and then finally to manager, replacing the outgoing Malky Mackay on 21 June 2011. In his one season at Watford's head man, Dyche led the club to an 11th place finish in the Championship, their highest finish since 2007-08, despite that however he was sacked at season's end after a change in ownership.
On 30 October 2012, Sean was named the caretaker manager of Burnley, succeeding 35 year old Eddie Howe, who left the club to return to Bournemouth.
In his first season at Burnley, Dyche guided the club to a solid 11th place finish, ending the season with 61 points, just seven points shy of the final play-off position. Was it enough to earn him the job full time? Or will Dyche be pushed out the door again, forced to start anew. His story begins here.......

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

Re: Making His Mark: A FIFA 14 Dynasty

Sean Dyche
Career Almanac

2011-12 Watford: 17W - 17D - 15L No Trophies

2012-13 Burnley: 11W - 11D - 11L
2012-13 FA Cup: Round Three Exit

2013-14 Burnley:
2013-14 Capital One Cup:
2013-14 F.A. Cup:
Old 09-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

1 June 2013

Dyche Stays On!
Signs Two Year Deal To Become Clarets Manager On Permanent Basis

Burnley FC have announced today that caretaker manager Sean Dyche, has been given a two year deal to manage the club on a permanent basis.
Dyche will work with the former Nottingham Forest pair of Ian Woan and Tony Loughlan in his senior coaching team
The 41 year old took over for Eddie Howe in late October last term and guided the Clarets to an 11th place finish in his first season at Turf Moor.
Burnley co-chairmen John Banaszkiewicz and Mike Garlick welcomed Dych to the club.
A joint statement read: "Sean did an outstanding job for the club last year and he fits in perfectly with our vision for the club."
"He is a natural leader with real presence who did a marvelous job first at Watford and then here with us. His commitment to a very strong and successful youth system was very clear in our interviews, and he is especially keen to develop stronger links between Burnley Football Club and the community."
"It's these attributes along with a fantastic ability to maximize resources that make us confident that Sean Dyche is the right man to take us forward.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

2013-14 Capital One Cup
Round One
13 August 2013
Turf Moor, Burnley

Burnley 1-0 Peterborough United

Scoring Summary
63' David Jones - BFC

Luck-Less Burnley Eventually Prevail

Manager Sean Dyche applauds his club

New boy David Jones scored in his first competitive match with the club, while new GK Tom Heaton picked up his first clean sheet as Burnley easily handled visiting Peterborough United, defeating them by the score of 1-0 in this opening round Capital One Cup tie.
In control from the opening whistle, Burnley thrice hit the woodwork before finally finding the back of the net midway through the second half when midfielder David Jones slotted a Danny Ings rebound past a sprawling Robert Olejnik for a 1-0 Clarets lead.
Increasingly desperate Peterborough nearly conceded a second in the 83rd minute but Olejnik was once again there for the save, stopping a Danny Ings shot with a spectacular save.

Aug 13, 2013 - Peterborough United vs Burnley
TEAM12SCORE
Peterborough United ()000
Burnley ()011
Team Stats Comparison
Peterborough UnitedBurnley
48%Possession52%
3Shots16
1Shots on Target7
22Tackles27
6Fouls8
0Yellow Cards3
0Red Cards0
0Corner Kicks1
33%Shot Accuracy43%
75%Passing Percentage74%

Old 09-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice start, are you planning on trying to bring Burnley up, or will you travel? I dig these types of stories, they're great. What are your plans for the team, strategy, formations, etc...

Where in Philly are you? I used to be the Chef over at Standard Tap, great place.. Anyway, hope you keep this up, good start!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenPancakes
Nice start, are you planning on trying to bring Burnley up, or will you travel? I dig these types of stories, they're great. What are your plans for the team, strategy, formations, etc...

Where in Philly are you? I used to be the Chef over at Standard Tap, great place.. Anyway, hope you keep this up, good start!
Good ol' South Philly. Close enough to Citizens Bank Park that I could hear the roar of the crowd from my porch on crisp fall nights. Sadly they'll be none of that this year.
As for Burnley, I've gone with a 4-4-2 to start, then as I learn the strengths and weaknesses of the club I'll adjust accordingly. The Championship is so so competitive, and the line between promotion and relegation is so thin that it makes every single point count so I really have to be careful there.
As far as Dyche is concerned, right now he's at Burnley and my goal is to bring them up. I'm at least staying one full season here, no ifs ands or buts. From there, who knows. I could become attached to the squad and stay for years, or I could be gone next season. One thing I will not do is make a lateral move, it just doesn't make sense to go to another Championship club, unless of course Sheffield Wednesday come calling, then well......
Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

2013-14 Capital One Cup
Round 1 Results
13-14 August, 2013

13 August 2013
Accrington Stanley 1-0 Brighton & Hove
Birmingham City 4-0 Bristol Rovers
Blackburn Rovers 3-1 Portsmouth
Blackpool 2-1 Stevenage
Bolton Wanderers 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Bradford City 0-3 Barnsley
Brentford 2-2(3-4p) Charlton Athletic
Burnley 1-0 Peterborough United
Bury 2-3 Derby County
Cheltenham Town 1-2 Carlisle United
Chesterfield 2-1 Leeds United
Coventry City 2-3 Millwall
Crawley Town 2-3 Tranmere Rovers
Crewe Alexandra 1-2 Watford
Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 Ipswich Town
Exeter City 1-0 Wycombe Wanderers
Gillingham 2-1 Rotherham United
Hartlepool 1-1(5-4p) Preston North End
Huddersfield Town 2-2(5-4p) Doncaster Rovers
Leicester City 2-1 Walsall
MK Dons 3-0 Colchester
Morecambe 0-1 S****horpe United
Newport County 1-2 Bristol City
Notts County 0-1 Bournemouth
Oldham Athletic 0-1 Oxford United
Queens Park Rangers 3-0 Swindon Town
Reading 4-0 AFC Wimbledon
Rochdale 2-1 Fleetwood Town
Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Sheffield United (YES!)
Torquay United 1-0 Mansfield Town
Wigan Athletic 3-0 Shrewsbury

14 August 2013
Yeovil Town 1-2 Leyton Orient
Wolverhampton 1-3 Middlesbrough
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

2013-14 Sky Bet Championship
Match Day #1
17 August 2013
Turf Moor, Burnley

Burnley 3-0 Birmingham City

Scoring Summary
59' David Jones - Bur
60' Sam Vokes - Bur
83' Danny Ings - Bur

Clarets Begin League Play With 3-0 Thrashing Of Birmingham City

Strike a winning pose!

In the opening game of the season for both clubs, an evenly matched but ultimately goal less first half morphed into the Burnley show in the second as the Clarets netted three times in the game's final half hour on their way to a convincing 3-0 thrashing of visiting Birmingham City here at Turf Moor.
The lone goal scorer in Burnley's League Cup victory in mid-week, new boy David Jones snatched another winner in this one, opening the scoring with a workmanlike 15 yard strike just shy of the hour mark. Less than a minute later, an over the top through ball by Scott Arfield set the table for a race for the ball between Burnley striker Sam Vokes and City keeper Darren Randolph, Vokes won the race, then rocketed the ball into the open net for the 2-0 lead. Promising but oft-injured striker Danny Ings wrapped up the scoring with a fantastic strike from 20 yards.

Aug 17, 2013 - Birmingham City vs Burnley F.C.
TEAM12SCORE
Birmingham City (0-0-1)000
Burnley F.C. (1-0-0)033
Team Stats Comparison
Birmingham City
Burnley F.C.
49%Possession51%
9Shots16
5Shots on Target7
20Tackles36
0Fouls4
0Yellow Cards0