Home

CPU Penalties Slider is Broken - Don't Touch It!

This is a discussion on CPU Penalties Slider is Broken - Don't Touch It! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Penalties Slider Might Be Broken - Don't Touch It!

The CPU Penalties slider is broken and it shouldn't be touched. There is somehow twice as much penalties in the default position.

Let me give you some results from five games with CPU penalty slider maxed, superstar ,hardcore sim, 9Min periods

Game 1: 2 power play chances for Me.
Game 2: 0 pp
Game 3: 2 pp
Game 4: 2pp
Game 5: 3 pp

And then with CPU Penalties slider in the default position :

Game 1: 4pp
Game 2: 3 pp
Game 4: 6 pp

And these were played with no tuner updates loaded and in Play now, so I don't know how well this would work in be a gm..

Penalties?

EA Sports -- It Might Not Even Be In The Game..

Last edited by Fuzzface93; 10-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: CPU Penalties Slider is Broken - Don't Touch It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzface93
The CPU Penalties slider is broken and it shouldn't be touched. There is somehow twice as much penalties in the default position.

Let me give you some results from five games with CPU penalty slider maxed, superstar ,hardcore sim, 9Min periods

Game 1: 2 power play chances for Me.
Game 2: 0 pp
Game 4: 2pp

And then with CPU Penalties slider in the default position :

Game 1: 4pp
Game 2: 3 pp
Game 4: 6 pp

And these were played with no tuner updates loaded and in Play now, so I don't know how well this would work in be a gm..
What is the default setting? And what slider are you keeping at default? There is the Pen slider, CPU Pen slider, and Teammate pen slider..
Old 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
What is the default setting? And what slider are you keeping at default? There is the Pen slider, CPU Pen slider, and Teammate pen slider..
The default setting is half way of the CPU penalties slider. You have to press triangle (ps3) and that will put all the sliders in the default position and then you can adjust them to your liking but leave the CPU penalties slider where it is and Cpu teammate as well.

Penalties?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Hmm that might explain it. I remember first game i played out of the box, all default setting with game speed down to 1 or so. Noticed there were quite a few penalties, hardly any the rest of games i've played with tweaked sliders. Will have to check that again at some point
Old 09-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Saw in another thread that the issue might actually be with the BeAGM mode. That'd make more sense than a broken slider, but I truly have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Well...I posted the issue being in Be-A-GM...

What are the defaults for all penalty sliders so that I can punch them in and see if it fixes the issue in Be-A-GM or not? Because there is the possibility that the issue could be two fold; leaving the default penalty settings as they are and Be-A-GM also.

To truly test the issue, all combinations played over a 5-10 game span would need to be tested and documented between modes and difficulty settings too.

So Be-A-GM on Superstar and All-Star with penalty sliders on default and otherwise...

Season Mode on Superstar and All-Star with penalty sliders on default and otherwise...

It would take about 40 games to get enough data to prove any sort of point.

5 games on All-Star Be-A-GM with sliders at default
5 games on All-Star Be-A-GM with sliders maxed (hypothetically causing a penalty deficit)
5 games on Superstar Be-A-GM with sliders at default
5 games on Superstar Be-A-GM with sliders maxed

And then rinse and repeat with Season Mode.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

Have you guys noticed that when you change certain sliders while in game, it saves the changed slider (the saving icon comes to the screen). But what is being saved? Because when you have finished the game, the slider is back to normal, but if you look at your settings file it shows that something has been saved.

I've also noticed that if you save your settings and let's say you had good amount of penalties during that session. Then next day without touching anything you have no penalties.
Could there be some kind of bug that changes the sliders position but it doesn't translate to screen and therefore the slider has a different value than the one you see. Because I've had seasons with the exact same settings where there is penalties and seasons with no penalties and with these seasons there is nothing to do to fix this...

Penalties?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

Example of what I think happens with the sliders:

CPU penalties slider is on default (3) and you change it to full (6).
Then next day you play with the saved settings, the slider has gone back to 3, but in screen it shows that the slider is on 6. Then you become angry because there is no penalties and you back the slider to 0 but because the slider is broken the slider is on -3 and then you max it from -3 so it only goes to 3 not to 6...

I am going to try put all the penalty slider to 0 then save and see if you could but the slider "over 6" . If there is no change to penalties it probably tells that my theory is wrong.

Anyway no matter what there should be twice as many penalties than there is now. We can always tune penalties down if there would be too many

Penalties?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »