Home

change positions and franchise tag

This is a discussion on change positions and franchise tag within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
change positions and franchise tag

I figure i'd ask both my questions here...

1) at the end of my season I usually see a headline in the news feed about players changing positions? How do I change player positions on my team, do I just edit the player?

2) how do I use my franchise tag each year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: change positions and franchise tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I figure i'd ask both my questions here...

1) at the end of my season I usually see a headline in the news feed about players changing positions? How do I change player positions on my team, do I just edit the player?

2) how do I use my franchise tag each year?
1) Yep just edit the player, but it is only available during the offseason offseason.

2) You press a button on the re-sign screen. Down the bottom of the screen it tells you which one it is. I think it might be Y on Xbox and triangle on PS3
Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's also worth noting, that if you change a player to a Wide Reciever, you can't change them out. Ever. You can't change WR to any other position.

If it's a bug or not, I can't say, but I found out the hard way.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a problem changing Derek Sherrod (RT) to LT, when I did it his style changed from Balanced to Run Support. Also happened when I changed LB Koa Misi from LLB to RLB (Run stopper to 3-4 pass rusher). Is this normal? Was it because I did this during PreSeason?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dwood
I had a problem changing Derek Sherrod (RT) to LT, when I did it his style changed from Balanced to Run Support. Also happened when I changed LB Koa Misi from LLB to RLB (Run stopper to 3-4 pass rusher). Is this normal? Was it because I did this during PreSeason?
My guess:

The RT/LT is a result of a RT usually having more STR and RunBlk ability to be effective, because most team run off the strong side (TE side).

The LT is typically your Pass Blocker for the blindside of your QB.

Thus moving a BALANCED RT (meaning he's almost as good at blocking pass as run compared to other RTs) over to the Left Side effectively makes him more geared towards RunBlk in comparison to other LTs who are meant to be better pass blockers.

As for the OLB - one side is typically stronger to deal with the TE blocking and the other is usually a little weaker but quicker to deal with slot receivers, and running backs out of the backfield. Moving your OLB from one side to the other is most likely showing a scheme change because his need for STR / SPD and Coverage skills are being asked to perform differently and thus keys him to a better scheme within that position.

Again these are guesses. I personally hadn't noticed this yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

The thing that really bothers me about this is that when I try and change these players back to their original position there scheme wont change back.. :/
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dwood
The thing that really bothers me about this is that when I try and change these players back to their original position there scheme wont change back.. :/
Question: Had you upgraded their stats at all before or after you switched their position?

Perhaps the changes you made to their stats made them more in line with a different scheme.

Robert
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkicley
Question: Had you upgraded their stats at all before or after you switched their position?

Perhaps the changes you made to their stats made them more in line with a different scheme.

Robert
This was right after my fantasy draft, haven't touched their stats at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »