Home

HBO BAD 09-28-2013

This is a discussion on HBO BAD 09-28-2013 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 24
HBO BAD 09-28-2013

Tw great fights tonight, Cloud vs Stevenson first then Vera vs Chavez Jr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: HBO BAD 09-28-2013

Good to see boxing back on HBO...it's been forever.

Adonis Stevenson looked good, but I think the damaged eye right off the bat severely limited Cloud (although that was due to a punch, so that's to Stevenson's credit). Not that he would otherwise have won, but it made a difference in the way the fight progressed, I think. Also, Cloud has now lost his last 3 fights...so I'm still not sure what to think of Adonis Stevenson despite this win, but we know he has some boxing ability and hits like a ton of bricks.

The Chavez Jr. fight was fraudulent. Even if you had him winning, 8 rounds to 2??? The whole event reeked of impropriety from the time the fight was made to the last-minute horse-trading and weight-jockeying, to the final result. I still think Chavez Jr. could be a really good fighter, but I'm losing faith that he's ever going to 'figure it out'. He's a spoiled rich kid, and lacks the hunger (usually borne of desperation) that drives every really great fighter. He's lazy and doesn't respect his own talent or the sport. In my opinion, Vera clearly won the fight, although I could see a draw being a legitimate card, if you really wanted to favor clean/visibly impressive shots. But knowing that Chavez had to pay off Vera to re-set the weight to 173, and then watching him lazily sleepwalk through the first few rounds, it just shows no growth or maturity on Chavez's part. Embarrassing, really, and seriously damaging to his credibility as a top-tier contender. Although when you have that name, it probably doesn't matter...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »