Home

What determines if you get broken tackles?

This is a discussion on What determines if you get broken tackles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
What determines if you get broken tackles?

In NCAA '14 I've played through 7 seasons with Michigan and in my OD through 3 seasons as Illinois. I've had 99 OVR HBs with Michigan and I've had guys with 99 BTK and ELU and high 90s TRK. The most broken tackles a Michigan guy has had in a season is 14, but most of those were on returns. The most a non-returner has gotten was a big power back who had 6 BTKs on 160 carries. With Illinois my power back had the most BTKs with 8 in 211 carries.

I just started a new dynasty as the OC for ULL. My #1 HB (Harris) and my #2 HB (Reed) are shown here:

Harris has 9 BTKs in 125 carries so he's on par with my best ever. Reed (who doesn't return kicks and runs from the same formations as my #1) has 29 BTKs on only 42 carries!!!!!!!
I've poured over his ratings and I can't see anything about him (unless it's his small stature or something weird like that) that would indicate why he has so many more BTKs than anyone else I've had.

Compare him to my resident Michigan stud:

who in his career only has 5 BTKs in 165 carries.

I use the same sliders in both dynasties.

What is it about Reed that has him getting so many more BTKs than guys VASTLY more talented than him?

Thanx!

Disclaimer:
I don't use any gameplanning options as I feel they make ratings not matter so I don't (and won't) use aggressive running. This should matter anyway because obviously my 2 ULL HBs are using the same settings.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-28-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What determines if you get broken tackles?

I've run into the same issue with QBs on coach mode. It seems they peak around their sophomore season then they go full ******.

My backup HBs consistently have more YPC than my starters too. Doesn't make much sense.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I noticed a while back that not all broken tackles are counted. The cpu would often break 3-4 tackles in a row on one play on me and I'd check the stats to see if they were counted and there'd may be one. It's funny how I sorted rushing stats by yds after contact and I'd have 2 HB in the top 20 but both had single digit BTK. Hopeless.

Be cool.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemind
I noticed a while back that not all broken tackles are counted. The cpu would often break 3-4 tackles in a row on one play on me and I'd check the stats to see if they were counted and there'd may be one. It's funny how I sorted rushing stats by yds after contact and I'd have 2 HB in the top 20 but both had single digit BTK. Hopeless.

Be cool.
much like tackles and tackle assists, they can get counted wrong.

I too have had games that drove me crazy because some RB had 100 yards on 8 carries in the first half including like 7-8 broken tackles but in the stats it will count only 1 or 2 of them.
I post this video from Madden just because of my frustration and amusement when they broke this run against me. 4 broken tackles on the play but it only counted 1 of them for his stats...

as for what determines your broken tackles... the stats you listed and the difficulty you play on with sliders. keep tweaking your RB ability slider along with cpu tackling until you find a medium that makes it feel "real" to you.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the stat tracking is def broken. I had 2 diff RB's with 25 yards after contact in a game last night and neither had registered a broken tackle.

It ticks me off that they can screw up such simple concepts but eh its not a game breaker for me.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »