Home

FIFA 14 Virtual Pro thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Virtual Pro thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
FIFA 14 Virtual Pro thread

Just want an easy place to share sliders, tips and help with the FIFA 14 Virtual Pro. Seems like most threads are aimed at Career Managers rather than players, so I figured this would be good.

Thus far, I'm not having a good time with FIFA 14. I posted this in Orion's slider thread.

Quote:
I'm using these sliders for my MLS Virtual Pro on World Class difficulty. I'm playing as a Striker for the Columbus Crew.

Thus far, in the 8 games that the coach has played me, they've all ended as 0-0 draws except one where I scored a PK. Every last one of them. Passing is meh at best (though end of the match shows about 70% for opp and 80% for me). Defenders are ridiculously aggressive and 100% on standing tackles. Nobody can keep the ball for any amount of time. Nobody can get inside the attacking third before some roving group of 3-4 defenders smothers the player and easily disposess them of the ball. The pitch is so crowded there are very few passing lanes and even fewer shooting lanes. This includes my defenders - the CPU average about 2 shots per game. My team averages maybe 3-4 and they're from about 30yds. You can't get any closer without having the ball just plucked away as if it were taking candy from a baby.

Speed feels about right but when dribbling with the ball it's so damn loose that defenders can, and do, literally walk up to the attacker and just take it away from them.

As such, I'm finding these sliders to be very poor for a Virtual Pro in the MLS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Just started!

Duve's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 14 Virtual Pro thread

Hey there!

I know exactly what you mean, I have been trying it on world class and the AI players on my team keep giving the ball which is very frustrating.

The thing with the sliders I think for virtua pro is that when you change them for CPU say under the first touch slider, your CPU players on your team you play with are affected as well so give it away easier when they try to control it.

My only solution was to downgrade to Professional unless you do long matches and are patient.

What half lengths do you do and what is your players height/weight? I think FIFA 14 is more based on strength than speed like 13. Also your striker should score more from corners if he is taller.

Duve
Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duve
Hey there!

I know exactly what you mean, I have been trying it on world class and the AI players on my team keep giving the ball which is very frustrating.

The thing with the sliders I think for virtua pro is that when you change them for CPU say under the first touch slider, your CPU players on your team you play with are affected as well so give it away easier when they try to control it.

My only solution was to downgrade to Professional unless you do long matches and are patient.

What half lengths do you do and what is your players height/weight? I think FIFA 14 is more based on strength than speed like 13. Also your striker should score more from corners if he is taller.

Duve
I highly doubt that what you said about the sliders is true. I would assume that the engine adjusts/manages CPU and User AI separately. I would suggest posing this question in the FIFA 14 PC thread as some of the guys there may have seen something about it in the game code.

If you haven't you may want to try giving Gonira's sliders a try. His settings produce a more open style of play with more passing lanes to facilitate play through the middle, while still being challenging.

Lastly, you did the right thing in dropping to Pro. I was having the same problem until I admitted to myself that I wasn't read for WC and Legendary yet, and dropped to Pro. Spend time working on figuring out the basics: dribbling, maintaining possession, and tackling.

For dribbling use LB/L1 for throwing off a defender's marking. Also you'll find that if you approach a defender using light touches on the Left Stick he won't be as eager to rush on for a tackle. I'm able to draw about 5 fouls (great for this game) per game if they do rush in doing this.

If you're using Tactical Defending, don't press B/Circle; you don't need it. If you're trying to tackle from the front, stay in front of him, avoid running at the attacker, and let him come to you instead. You're player will put his foot out and take it away, kind of like what the CPU does. From the side, get along side him and muscle him off the ball like you would in real life.

Doing this I now win more games than I draw or lose on Legendary, while still consistently winning the possession battle 55-45 on average. If you could play well in '13, you can play well '14. It just takes a little more time to get used to it.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Rookie

You see hundreds every week of goals, and I do enjoy watching the 11 vs 11 game play and their goals, as I only play 11 vs 11 (So obviously all clips are from 11 vs 11) but you don't always see defending ones, and as I've been recording for the past few nights I decided to create one.

Before anyone gets the suggestion that I've an ego and I think I'm the best hence doing this, I don't, I'm just a defender in a class team, so it's made easy for me.

Hope people enjoy, I shall be doing more of these, but not just myself, maybe featuring my team mates at some point

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6q-ANdkPw[/video]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6q-ANdkPw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6q-ANdkPw
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Just started!

Duve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I highly doubt that what you said about the sliders is true. I would assume that the engine adjusts/manages CPU and User AI separately. I would suggest posing this question in the FIFA 14 PC thread as some of the guys there may have seen something about it in the game code.

If you haven't you may want to try giving Gonira's sliders a try. His settings produce a more open style of play with more passing lanes to facilitate play through the middle, while still being challenging.

Lastly, you did the right thing in dropping to Pro. I was having the same problem until I admitted to myself that I wasn't read for WC and Legendary yet, and dropped to Pro. Spend time working on figuring out the basics: dribbling, maintaining possession, and tackling.

For dribbling use LB/L1 for throwing off a defender's marking. Also you'll find that if you approach a defender using light touches on the Left Stick he won't be as eager to rush on for a tackle. I'm able to draw about 5 fouls (great for this game) per game if they do rush in doing this.

If you're using Tactical Defending, don't press B/Circle; you don't need it. If you're trying to tackle from the front, stay in front of him, avoid running at the attacker, and let him come to you instead. You're player will put his foot out and take it away, kind of like what the CPU does. From the side, get along side him and muscle him off the ball like you would in real life.

Doing this I now win more games than I draw or lose on Legendary, while still consistently winning the possession battle 55-45 on average. If you could play well in '13, you can play well '14. It just takes a little more time to get used to it.

Yeah I was wondering if had effect or not. When I changed the cpu first touch slider, the next game my team AI kept giving passes away as well. Probably a coincidence.

Many thanks for the tips! Managing to merc defenders and make challenges on defenders without lunging in and missing all the time! lol! Love jostling them for possession!

Stuck at it and starting to up my pro and having fun!

Cheers! :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duve
Yeah I was wondering if had effect or not. When I changed the cpu first touch slider, the next game my team AI kept giving passes away as well. Probably a coincidence.

Many thanks for the tips! Managing to merc defenders and make challenges on defenders without lunging in and missing all the time! lol! Love jostling them for possession!

Stuck at it and starting to up my pro and having fun!

Cheers! :-)
No problem, happy to help. It would be a shame to give up on such a good footy game because of a rough start.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »