Home

Stupid question but how do you stop...THE PRACTICE SQUAD?

This is a discussion on Stupid question but how do you stop...THE PRACTICE SQUAD? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stupid question but how do you stop...THE PRACTICE SQUAD?

Yes this is one of the dumbest questions to ask but this speaks more of EA's ridiculous AI logic more than anything. I just lost 3 practices in a row because the CPU was able to score last second TDs with 2 of them on Hail Mary's. Keep in mind that I haven't lost a game against NFL players though.

I guess the real question is why isn't that practice squad QB on a real team anywhere? ;-) I think statistically speaking, its extremely rare to engineer comebacks that late in the game with almost no time left. Obviously, the laws of averages do not apply to EA's feared practice squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Stupid question but how do you stop...THE PRACTICE SQUAD?

That's why I only do "Tied up on offense" now. I had one practice (the one where you start out up by 3, but they have the ball) where they scored immediately, and I answered with a long drive, scoring with like 25 seconds to go.

They get the ball, complete a 20 yard pass in Man Coverage, then my 93 OVR safety stops on 3 Deep Man coverage on the next play... TD.

I only trust myself with the ball in this game, especially in practice.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Lmao they feel like one of the best teams in the game don't they?!

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Hail Mary seems too effective for me. Have had the PS win with five of them.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

The scout team is better then the real teams...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

In the real world, practice and training is SUPPOSED to be harder than the real thing. That way, the actual competitive event that people pay to see you do is easier by comparison.

It's the same principle that makes basketball teams do six-on-five scrimmages, and baseball players put weights on their bats when they're on-deck, doing practice swings.

As someone once said, "Train hard. Fight easy."

But here...yeah, it really bugs me in Madden. Why are these no-names on the practice squad, making practice-squad money, when they CLEARLY have more than enough talent to play on Sundays?

(Also, good to see I'm not the only one that prefers Tied Up on Offense. I wish the practice scenarios told you beforehand who had the ball to start and what the down was, though...)
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
In the real world, practice and training is SUPPOSED to be harder than the real thing. That way, the actual competitive event that people pay to see you do is easier by comparison.

It's the same principle that makes basketball teams do six-on-five scrimmages, and baseball players put weights on their bats when they're on-deck, doing practice swings.

As someone once said, "Train hard. Fight easy."

But here...yeah, it really bugs me in Madden. Why are these no-names on the practice squad, making practice-squad money, when they CLEARLY have more than enough talent to play on Sundays?

(Also, good to see I'm not the only one that prefers Tied Up on Offense. I wish the practice scenarios told you beforehand who had the ball to start and what the down was, though...)

The real problem here though is that the practice squad is fake. Fake players, fake ratings, fake traits. This is why I wish they would allow you to accumulate a real practice squad. That way when you are practicing you are playing against real player some of which you will get to see have some real on the field potential. They could also gain XP albiet slower since they are on the practice squad and not on the actual team. This would also give you the ability that if a player gets injured you don't automatically have to sign someone from FA when you can pull guys from your practice squad.

It will never happen but it would sure make me feel better about losing to the practice squad if they were of real players that I picked up with real stats that beat me.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
The real problem here though is that the practice squad is fake. Fake players, fake ratings, fake traits. This is why I wish they would allow you to accumulate a real practice squad. That way when you are practicing you are playing against real player some of which you will get to see have some real on the field potential. They could also gain XP albiet slower since they are on the practice squad and not on the actual team. This would also give you the ability that if a player gets injured you don't automatically have to sign someone from FA when you can pull guys from your practice squad.

It will never happen but it would sure make me feel better about losing to the practice squad if they were of real players that I picked up with real stats that beat me.
I think the " practice squad " is the chicago bears without names. I don't think that it is a coincidence that the P.S. players resemble the bears players

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »