Home

What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously?

This is a discussion on What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously?

I know many of us get really crazy serious about this game. Interested to hear your own stories.

My personal way that I take it far too seriously is that I have kept a Hall of Fame team on the TeamBuilder website, made up of all my favorite players I have recruited and played with in Dynasty mode over the years. That way, I can create them and add them to my current dynasty.

I have players from as far back as 2009 in there. I like that I can play with them on the new versions of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously?

I input about 400 recruits into a self made spreadsheet before every season, rating them by each pitch grade and ovr. , up****** as I scout players.

It takes about 6 hours each season.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0

In NCAA 13, I got about ten years into an offline dynasty at Colorado and decided it was time to bring the coach's family into the game. I created a player in Road To Glory as my coach's son, went through RTG with him, got to signing day and enrolled in a school so I could see all of his attributes, then went back into my dynasty and created him as a prospect in the preseason. Recruited him to Colorado, but he signed with Air Force. Followed his career at Air Force; just recorded his stats at the end of each season, but didn't play games as him. Actually ended up coaching Colorado vs. Air Force in the Fiesta Bowl his junior season; that was pretty cool.

About ten dynasty years after that, I decided my coach was nearing retirement, so I decided his son (now about 32 years old) had fulfilled his obligation to service in the Air Force and made him the offensive coordinator at Utah State; played one season with both programs. I "retired" from Colorado after that season (changed the coach's name and made it a CPU-controlled coach) and was offered the head coaching job at Hawaii with the son in the first offseason. I put in a year at Hawaii, then was offered the Boise State job and spent a decade there. Around that time, NCAA 14 was a few weeks from release, so I put it all aside.

I really enjoyed it, and will do the same thing this year, but will decide where the kid goes, create him on that team's roster in the preseason, and play the kid's college career in dynasty mode this time. It felt a little hands-off the way I did it in 13, and I didn't feel the same connection to his coaching career when I started it and retired my original coach.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaub1811
I know many of us get really crazy serious about this game. Interested to hear your own stories.

My personal way that I take it far too seriously is that I have kept a Hall of Fame team on the TeamBuilder website, made up of all my favorite players I have recruited and played with in Dynasty mode over the years. That way, I can create them and add them to my current dynasty.

I have players from as far back as 2009 in there. I like that I can play with them on the new versions of games.
I wish I could of thought of that. Would love to play with some of the studs I recruited way back in ncaa 10.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

And fellas never be ashamed of this being your hobby and taking it very seriously. It's better than religiously watching "keeping up with the Kardashians" or some other crap like that which a ton of people do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
And fellas never be ashamed of this being your hobby and taking it very seriously. It's better than religiously watching "keeping up with the Kardashians" or some other crap like that which a ton of people do.
Yeah, NCAA is basically my Sims/Second Life/World of Warcraft/Minecraft. Sucks me right in every year and carries me through to the next summer.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I've started to get a bit obsessive about the way I play NCAA these days. I've just started a 1-star dynasty with the hopes of building my coach up and taking whatever opportunities are presented.

I used to do a spreadsheet, but now i just make notes on my ipad and have that next to me for reference and updated notes, takes me about 1-2hours each season.

I also do the whole geographic planning of recruiting which i've written about in a different post (basically I imagine I'm a coach having to drive out and see recruits each week so I limit myself to mostly recruits within 2 hours drive of campus based on google maps).

I actually really like the whole creating the son of a coach and building them up and continuing the dynasty. That is pretty cool. Although I put myself in the game and I only have daughters so it will feel weird putting a 'son' in.

I only play offline too, so all my obsession comes within my imagination and by myself. With more time I would probably love to join an OD and write recaps and all that but for now it's all by my lonesome.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

my obsession comes from stats. i start out with my created cleveland state vikings a 1* team in the mac and try to build them up. then hoping i get my dream job at ohio state sometime. i keep records of all my games i play, season and career records also. including coaching records and the records vs teams ive played. i even researched ohio states records for when i take over there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »