Home

FIFA 14 Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 14 Impressions

FIFA 14 is available for Season Ticket subscribers, please post your impressions here.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA 14 Impressions

Same issues that drive me crazy from the past FIFA games. My AI team mates don't want to touch the ball. However still the best online sports game for 2v2 through 11v11

My cons
1: AI wont go for deflected or rebounded balls, but rather back away from them. While the CPU hunts down every ball

2: AI wont pressure the ball handler, but play a safe couple feet away the whole field, even allowing open passing lanes. CPU plays hard up going for tackles

3: Once in the box my AI just back away form the CPU, I watched many plays where the CPU just walked into the box up near the goal and scored while my defense stay clear of him. I go near the box and the 3-4 closes CPU players close down on me and attack.

Pro:

Playing different team really feels like different teams. Had one game where it felt like the whole CPU team was in my box, followed that up with a game where PSG played nice balanced field.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
My cons
1: AI wont go for deflected or rebounded balls, but rather back away from them. While the CPU hunts down every ball

2: AI wont pressure the ball handler, but play a safe couple feet away the whole field, even allowing open passing lanes. CPU plays hard up going for tackles

3: Once in the box my AI just back away form the CPU, I watched many plays where the CPU just walked into the box up near the goal and scored while my defense stay clear of him. I go near the box and the 3-4 closes CPU players close down on me and attack.
All of the above that drives me crazy about Fifa. Some will say to use the tactical defending, but you shouldn't have to control everyone on the field to enjoy this game. CPU controlled teammates have killed my enjoyment of Fifa for years.

Now playing someone else is another story, best user vs. user soccer game out there.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #4

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm enjoying it. I'm a bit disappointed that my fav team is a bit messed up(Viborg) but I fully expected it.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Same issues that drive me crazy from the past FIFA games. My AI team mates don't want to touch the ball. However still the best online sports game for 2v2 through 11v11

My cons

Switch to Legacy Defending, use the second defender press button, and play off ball defense by blocking the passing lanes. The Tactical Defending option IMO has been awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

no south american cups in career mode despite all the new licenses. why ea?? why???
Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Question: Any updates to player editing?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Unresponsive in all aspects of the game. Too many rebound goals. Very frustrating to play, its a video game it should be smooth and fun. Don't need 100% realism where every other touch losses possession or passes out of bounds

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »