Home

Gameplay issue....

This is a discussion on Gameplay issue.... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Gameplay issue....

Hey guys,

Absolutely love this game. I play on default simulation settings and I'm having a blast.

One issue that is bugging me is where my ball is dropped after shots I hit into a hazard.

Sometimes the places where they drop me are almost unplayable themselves. Is there a way to move the location as to where the ball is dropped?

I'm not 100% familiar with PGA tour rules but I'm pretty sure you have some choice over the location of your drops. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gameplay issue....

I'm not 100% familiar with PGA rules either, but what I do know about the game is that unfortunately, you receive an automatic drop with no choice about where the ball ends up. It is definitely an issue if you get dropped on a bad lie and can't do anything with the ensuing shot. But that's what we have to live with unless a long awaited patch comes one day...
Old 09-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Rookie

millercreek79's Arena

OVR: 6

Yep, it's automatic drop. Must be too complicated to incorporate actual golf rules into the game for realistic drops. It may be fixed in the future, but not likely.

I found out very fast on simulation to try and hit to the flattest spots possible in the fairway to get decent lies. Playing out of some lies is almost impossible on sim, with the fading strike meter.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by millercreek79
Playing out of some lies is almost impossible on sim, with the fading strike meter.
I thought this for ages until you realise to just move strike meter up or down as desired

Don't move meter left or right. This ensures you hit the ball where you are aiming. Just have to allow for more club distance wise, the more the strike meter is away from centre of ball the more distance is lost per club
I adjust by feel and experience

Once I realised to only move strike meter up and down simulation level became a whole lot easier

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »