Home

I may have found a solution to the slider issues

This is a discussion on I may have found a solution to the slider issues within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I may have found a solution to the slider issues

So I've been working on my own slider set for a couple of weeks now but couldn't get something that seemed really good. Last night I was thinking about it and I think I came up with a solution. I figured since the sliders are broken why not just take them out of the equation? I moved all of them to zero. I figured it would then just let the players play. It seems that I was right. I've now played two games and they have been extremely realistic. I delegate my play calling so I'm just essentially watching a game on tv. I'm using the new rosters for everyones information. Please try this and let me know how it works for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I may have found a solution to the slider issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavadub12
So I've been working on my own slider set for a couple of weeks now but couldn't get something that seemed really good. Last night I was thinking about it and I think I came up with a solution. I figured since the sliders are broken why not just take them out of the equation? I moved all of them to zero. I figured it would then just let the players play. It seems that I was right. I've now played two games and they have been extremely realistic. I delegate my play calling so I'm just essentially watching a game on tv. I'm using the new rosters for everyones information. Please try this and let me know how it works for you
What rosters are you using?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Anyway you would test this with my new roster update as well....
One thing I did with the new update was take some feed back about INTs and lowered the DB's and S's Catch Attribute. Would love to know how the new attributes work out...

Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Already doing it lol
Old 09-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Its been working great cage. Also only change I have made is both cpu and player qb accuracy have been set at 16. I've done an entire season with this setup and your roster cage and its done fantastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

I did the exact opposite ... I moved everything to 100 on Offense and Defense.
I left INTs at 50 ...
Played all my pre-season games and just finished my 1st Regular season game...

Against the Raiders, Denver 42 Raiders 18
Manning had 318 Yards passing and 3 TDs vs 1 int
Total Rushing Yards were 65 ...
Manning was sacked 3 times ... Same for Pryor

I didnt write down all the Raider stats but felt they were very close to realistic. Pryor had several scrambles that where 8 to 15 yards each and 186 yards passing.
McFadden had 70 yards rushing before they started throwing the ball more...

I let the cpu call all defensive plays as I suck at defense. I did call all offensive plays ...

Will give you more feed back tomorrow as I play more ...
Old 09-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
I did the exact opposite ... I moved everything to 100 on Offense and Defense.
I left INTs at 50 ...
Played all my pre-season games and just finished my 1st Regular season game...

Against the Raiders, Denver 42 Raiders 18
Manning had 318 Yards passing and 3 TDs vs 1 int
Total Rushing Yards were 65 ...
Manning was sacked 3 times ... Same for Pryor

I didnt write down all the Raider stats but felt they were very close to realistic. Pryor had several scrambles that where 8 to 15 yards each and 186 yards passing.
McFadden had 70 yards rushing before they started throwing the ball more...

I let the cpu call all defensive plays as I suck at defense. I did call all offensive plays ...

Will give you more feed back tomorrow as I play more ...
Just wondering how those are working for you.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

My second game was a bitch... Against San Diego.
They took a 14 to 0 lead at the end of the first. I struggled to stop their run game in the first half.
It was 14 to 10 at half...
Second half I got the ball first and took it straight down the field. I continued to allow my DC to call the plays on defense. Seems to me there was a change in the play calling. I notices more 4 3 plays called along with run Blitz's. We stopped the run game and from there it was a very close game. Won 24 to 17

Manning had 289 yards and 2 TDs. 0 ints.
Still struggling to run the ball with only 72 rushing yards.
Rivers had an OK game with with 260 yrds 0 TDs and 0 ints .. They did have 101 yards rushing with 70 coming in the first half.

The main thing I see with the sliders set at 100 is the speed by which everything and everyone moves.
Set at 0 the ball floats and wabbles when manning throws it. Set at 100 it comes out much faster and more of a straight line....
I don't feel like there is a major difference in the stats just the speed at which everyone moves. I may tone done the passing a tiny bit. When playing the raiders, Pryor wasnt tear it up, he missed some wide open receivers, over threw a few and under threw a couple but his throws looked like they where fired out of a canon some times. Same with Manning. Completion % seem very realistic with Manning hitting 66 % and Pryor at 57%
Manning was sacked 3 against the raiders and Once Against SD.
Pryor was sacked 3 times. But that may be a result of him attempting to scramble when the pocket broke down and he was caught behind the line.

Also with the running stats seem to be right in line. Denver struggle to run the ball most the time. But there have been a few more runs of 20 or more yards then there should be ...

To be honest in the end I was REALLY happy with how the game played and the stats that came from them. This is only 2 games with the data so I will continue to post and give feed back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by xCAGEx; 09-23-2013 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »