Home

Advantages of the new Crews Mode

This is a discussion on Advantages of the new Crews Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Advantages of the new Crews Mode

The way i see it. They could given us nothing!!! But instead they gave us Crews. Which is the new and improved version of My Crew. People see it as 5v5 Blacktop, but Blacktop was the 3v3 Crew that seemed to be the testing of Myplayer pickup games. Thats what i got out of it. Yeah its only 21 points to win, but here are a few angles and the pros i see in the Crews mode setup..
  • 21 point cap means, guys will have to not only play offense efficiently. But they will have to stop the opponent. This is reminiscent of a true streetball game. Where i come from, we play to 7, 11, 16, or 21 for a fullcourt. Now we aren't NBA players, but a few guys actually play overseas and others are former high school n college players. The 21 is somewhat of a pace game. There's not time limit (that we know of). So this game could last long if its an defensive struggle.
  • The settings are key, its been said that it will be set on Superstar Sim. Last years blacktop and My Crew NBA2k11 was set to default sliders, not sure if it was allstar or pro difficulty. That's cheese to me. So chucking threes and ******** dunks in traffic should be greatly toned down.
  • DEFENSE, has been implemented into this streetball setting. That was my beef with last years Blacktop. Defense was almost impossible. With all the gameplay improvements also being added in addition. Guys would be able to just run around in circles, shoots threes and dunks.
  • Adding a tweaked fatigue should definitely add to this balance 2K was working on with Crews. Turbo should be used more realistically now

I don't care if its the same My Crew. I don't miss the 7 foot point guards. Its more improved than it is regressed. Only positive things taken away or changed is the 4 quarter play and the court you play on. But add all the positives added. Sliders, diff level, balance, fatigue and defense. A smart fan would appreciate this....

You are allowed to have your opinion, but the facts don't ever lie.....

old psn First-Draft-
new psn mlnD-gAmEz-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Advantages of the new Crews Mode

The problem is not the mode... the problem is claiming that "Crew" was back but instead deceived us all.

That's all, it would be a good upgrade to blacktop/MyPlayer pickup games though....

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

good list. all bets are that this will be the first 5on5 my player with no cheaters. that alone will make it better than 2K11 crew to me. I stopped playing 2K11 crew cuz I found it pointless to play these 8 foot 99 speed centers.

I was thinking about the going to 21 thing. So ppl don't like this cuz the games will be quicker, their stats less, and less touches on offense. I think what will happen might actually be alright because it will be more like a series of games instead of one game that lasts an hour. So if my teammate was on fire one game and scored like 12 pts, then probably the next game there'd more of an effort to spread the ball around. This happens a lot in blacktop where you might only score a point or two one game, but the next game you see the ball a lot more. Stats, touches, influence over the game will be more in waves than individual games.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
MVP

You lost me at "new & improved crew"
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm actually excited about this mode! I already have friends ready to go at it online....the problem is that the servers sucks as its hard to get everyone to connect! I think the online connection is more of an issue than the mode itself...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Rookie

The 7-foot PG's are coming back. You can make a 7-foot point forward and play him at the 1.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Advantages of the new Crews Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ColdGame
The way i see it. They could given us nothing!!! But instead they gave us Crews. Which is the new and improved version of My Crew. People see it as 5v5 Blacktop, but Blacktop was the 3v3 Crew that seemed to be the testing of Myplayer pickup games. Thats what i got out of it. Yeah its only 21 points to win, but here are a few angles and the pros i see in the Crews mode setup..
  • 21 point cap means, guys will have to not only play offense efficiently. But they will have to stop the opponent. This is reminiscent of a true streetball game. Where i come from, we play to 7, 11, 16, or 21 for a fullcourt. Now we aren't NBA players, but a few guys actually play overseas and others are former high school n college players. The 21 is somewhat of a pace game. There's not time limit (that we know of). So this game could last long if its an defensive struggle.
  • The settings are key, its been said that it will be set on Superstar Sim. Last years blacktop and My Crew NBA2k11 was set to default sliders, not sure if it was allstar or pro difficulty. That's cheese to me. So chucking threes and ******** dunks in traffic should be greatly toned down.
  • DEFENSE, has been implemented into this streetball setting. That was my beef with last years Blacktop. Defense was almost impossible. With all the gameplay improvements also being added in addition. Guys would be able to just run around in circles, shoots threes and dunks.
  • Adding a tweaked fatigue should definitely add to this balance 2K was working on with Crews. Turbo should be used more realistically now

I don't care if its the same My Crew. I don't miss the 7 foot point guards. Its more improved than it is regressed. Only positive things taken away or changed is the 4 quarter play and the court you play on. But add all the positives added. Sliders, diff level, balance, fatigue and defense. A smart fan would appreciate this....

You are allowed to have your opinion, but the facts don't ever lie.....
Honestly this is how I've felt since day one. I'm kinda tired of all the nonsense over a game that no one has played yet. I was a fan of the original crew mode, but I liked Blacktop even more for what it could have been.

It seems like this year, we'll get that in the form of Blacktop and Crews. Also the 3v3 or 5v5 is great for when you have a full party or just two other guys. The CPU guys were always OP anyway.

Games to 21 are quick and I can get a lot of them in instead of playing maybe two or three crew games, if the connection permits.

I love the idea of the new crew mode and can't wait to play it.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
good list. all bets are that this will be the first 5on5 my player with no cheaters. that alone will make it better than 2K11 crew to me. I stopped playing 2K11 crew cuz I found it pointless to play these 8 foot 99 speed centers.

I was thinking about the going to 21 thing. So ppl don't like this cuz the games will be quicker, their stats less, and less touches on offense. I think what will happen might actually be alright because it will be more like a series of games instead of one game that lasts an hour. So if my teammate was on fire one game and scored like 12 pts, then probably the next game there'd more of an effort to spread the ball around. This happens a lot in blacktop where you might only score a point or two one game, but the next game you see the ball a lot more. Stats, touches, influence over the game will be more in waves than individual games.
Exactly! The game will always feel fresh. In real pickup games, you may score 9 out of 15 points one game, but when a new crew comes on, you may have a tougher defender and someone else will do the majority of the scoring. I'm excited!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »