Home

Depth Chart Freezing

This is a discussion on Depth Chart Freezing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Depth Chart Freezing

Hey. I tried searching through threads but the only ones I can find were from last year's game.

My game worked perfectly fine for 2.5 weeks with no issues. Even yesterday I played a few games with no issue. But then I fired up my game yesterday evening and every single time I went to go to the depth chart during the game, it froze. I've tried using different teams, simming to different weeks, everything - and it freezes instantly every time now. The depth chart is totally inaccessible in-game, meaning I can only make subs through the play call screen which takes an eternity.

I know there's a bugs/glitches thread but I'm not sorting through 25 pages. I just want to know if this has happened to anybody else? It makes zero sense that the game would work fine for a few weeks and then suddenly have such a weird glitch happen. It's basically game breaking for me since I like to sub people in and out all the time, not just subbing people in and out of specific packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Depth Chart Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbusch22
Hey. I tried searching through threads but the only ones I can find were from last year's game.

My game worked perfectly fine for 2.5 weeks with no issues. Even yesterday I played a few games with no issue. But then I fired up my game yesterday evening and every single time I went to go to the depth chart during the game, it froze. I've tried using different teams, simming to different weeks, everything - and it freezes instantly every time now. The depth chart is totally inaccessible in-game, meaning I can only make subs through the play call screen which takes an eternity.

I know there's a bugs/glitches thread but I'm not sorting through 25 pages. I just want to know if this has happened to anybody else? It makes zero sense that the game would work fine for a few weeks and then suddenly have such a weird glitch happen. It's basically game breaking for me since I like to sub people in and out all the time, not just subbing people in and out of specific packages.
Do you have someone on IR on your roster?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Yep, a 3rd string QB. Not in a starting spot or anything. He was put on IR week 1. Had no issues for many games after that.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbusch22
Yep, a 3rd string QB. Not in a starting spot or anything. He was put on IR week 1. Had no issues for many games after that.
I bet he's healthy now, right? There was a bug last year that if you put a player on the IR and his injury wasn't season ending, it would cause the game to freeze when he became healthy if you went across that position on the depth chart and since it's a QB, it just immediately freezes. Basically, you just have to make your subs before you start the game and not access the depth chart during the game.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Arc0tR4m4th0rn's Arena

This has happened to me a few times too but it wasn't during a game. It was in the cfm menu and it would happen after going through depth charts of a few different teams and then the game eventually would freeze. This is on PS3 btw.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Arc0tR4m4th0rn?feature=mhee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

This is happening to me as well. Worked just fine Friday night, and I was starting a new career and I cant set the depth chart since it freezes every time.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

This is happening too me as well, in-game and in the CCM menus. It only seems to be happening to me after I have been playing for a few hours, 2 days ago I had completed a fantasy draft (all the way through), spent idk how long with trades and free agency and adjusting strategy and roster, went through the pre-season and then went to depth chart again to make changes and then BAM! Froze up. By the way I hadn't saved at all so I lost EVERYTHING I had done, needless to say I haven't touched the game since lol.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I bet he's healthy now, right? There was a bug last year that if you put a player on the IR and his injury wasn't season ending, it would cause the game to freeze when he became healthy if you went across that position on the depth chart and since it's a QB, it just immediately freezes. Basically, you just have to make your subs before you start the game and not access the depth chart during the game.
If that is the reason, I guess it kinda makes sense. It was like a 6 week injury that he picked up in week 2 of the preseason. I put him on IR before my week 1 game.

Funny how that injury haunted me. I signed 2 random crappy QBs solely to chew up time in preseason games to avoid my starter or primary backup getting hurt. Had no desire to carry 3 QBs on my active roster. But then one of 'em got hurt and the game forced me to keep the injured guy through my roster cuts. Even putting him on IR didn't count as a formal roster cut to get to the final 53. I could only IR him and actually save myself another roster spot on week 1.

I'll create a character for another team in my CCM and try it out to see if the issue persists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »