Home

LifeTheLife - Simming Penalty (on/off)?

This is a discussion on LifeTheLife - Simming Penalty (on/off)? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9
LifeTheLife - Simming Penalty (on/off)?

I had thought this would allow me to Sim on my BeAPro without getting sent down to the 2nd or 3rd line....
I was wrong

what exactly is this slider then?.....Maybe just no exp points penalty?

im so confused, who knows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: LifeTheLife - Simming Penalty (on/off)?

It actually does.

I created an enforcer and got drafted in the 3rd round. In the the pre-season i played the 1st two games. Simmed the 3rd game, got promoted to the 2nd line, simmed the next on..promoted to the 1st line where i stayed so far (just 2 games into the season). Mind you i am freaking 60ov enforcer You also get EXP for simmed games

Where last year it felt weird to get demoted with like 2 points per game its almost overkill this year. All i can do is hit and fight, this shouldnt get me anywhere near the 1st line, even on the Coyotes.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

is there a update im missing maybe?

cause i FOR SURE put NO simming penalty and it still aint workin

AHHHHHHHHHH
Old 09-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

In NHL 13 and earlier, if you simmed games, your GM and Coach would get mad at you for "being lazy" and you would be penalized. This is the penalty that the option removes in 14.

This year, I started a 2 way forward, a 2 way dman and a power forward, all playing for the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL. While simming with the penalty off, the 2way forward, stayed on the first line, and had a good season. The 2 way dman dropped to the 3rd pairing and stayed there. The power forward dropped to the 3rd line.

So what it's doing if you sim with the penalty off is just having you sim with your existing stats. And depending on the composition of the team, some go up and some go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter10
All i can do is hit and fight, this shouldnt get me anywhere near the 1st line, even on the Coyotes.
I bet you the lack of toughness on the Coyotes is identifying you as a net benefit, or you have chemistry with certain players that make it so when you sim, you do well and keep getting promoted. For the record, yes a guy who can hit and fight and keep up with the play can get some time on the first line, particularly if the other 2/3 of the first line lacks toughness. It's not impossible.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderfan
In NHL 13 and earlier, if you simmed games, your GM and Coach would get mad at you for "being lazy" and you would be penalized. This is the penalty that the option removes in 14.

This year, I started a 2 way forward, a 2 way dman and a power forward, all playing for the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL. While simming with the penalty off, the 2way forward, stayed on the first line, and had a good season. The 2 way dman dropped to the 3rd pairing and stayed there. The power forward dropped to the 3rd line.

So what it's doing if you sim with the penalty off is just having you sim with your existing stats. And depending on the composition of the team, some go up and some go down.

I bet you the lack of toughness on the Coyotes is identifying you as a net benefit, or you have chemistry with certain players that make it so when you sim, you do well and keep getting promoted. For the record, yes a guy who can hit and fight and keep up with the play can get some time on the first line, particularly if the other 2/3 of the first line lacks toughness. It's not impossible.
I got sent down for having "bad team play" even though I led the league in goals and assists. Penalty off as well. I don't think it works

Sent from my super awesome Nexus 7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

I feel better knowing it wasnt just me

so wack though, whats the freakin point then?..... maybe you wont get sent down AHL?

just to the 3rd line?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
I feel better knowing it wasnt just me

so wack though, whats the freakin point then?..... maybe you wont get sent down AHL?

just to the 3rd line?
I got sent to the ahl too. After 3 preseason games even though I was 90 overall

Sent from my super awesome Nexus 7
Old 09-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmeadows013
I got sent to the ahl too. After 3 preseason games even though I was 90 overall
wow how pointless then, haha EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »