Home

Why would you buy the game if you havent already?

This is a discussion on Why would you buy the game if you havent already? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why would you buy the game if you havent already?

I've talked myself out of going and getting it for a few weeks now. The biggest reason is based on all the things I've read, the game is "broken" more or less. In past years I've bought broken versions, enjoyed them for a night or two, and then didn't even end up playing them (a far difference from when Madden was made right and I played it into the next release and took dynastys 20 seasons out).

broken auto subs, automatic (never miss) FG kicking, easy 200 yard rushing games, broken sim stats, wonky draft classes, white players with african american in-game characters, QB who never throw the ball away, SB loser team gets the trophy presentation....

Why if you didn't have the game would you buy it? Why are you still buying it? Want to get to the core of this.

They really dont do much to create brand loyalty. I have four twitter accounts, I've asked Josh Looman a couple questions that don't fit the "ZOMG, MADDEN SO OFF THA HOOK THIS YR!!" he typically retweets from the Game Changer types. He's blocked all four of my accounts and never responded to a question. I honestly want to fight the guy.

So tell me... why buy it right now? Why with all the threads and red flags going down on the boards that make it unplayable are people still letting EA/Looman dupe them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why would you buy the game if you havent already?

Don't buy it. I've had the game since release and I've decided to sell it in eBay. I've used 4 different slider sets and I've had QBs all throw for 85%+ on All Madden.

One game Blaine Gabbert went 11/11. Blaine Gabbert!

So yeah, so yourself a favor and pass on this year's edition. I got it for $45 from Newegg and I feel like it was a waste of my money.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Boy
I've talked myself out of going and getting it for a few weeks now. The biggest reason is based on all the things I've read, the game is "broken" more or less. In past years I've bought broken versions, enjoyed them for a night or two, and then didn't even end up playing them (a far difference from when Madden was made right and I played it into the next release and took dynastys 20 seasons out).

broken auto subs, automatic (never miss) FG kicking, easy 200 yard rushing games, broken sim stats, wonky draft classes, white players with african american in-game characters, QB who never throw the ball away, SB loser team gets the trophy presentation....

Why if you didn't have the game would you buy it? Why are you still buying it? Want to get to the core of this.

They really dont do much to create brand loyalty. I have four twitter accounts, I've asked Josh Looman a couple questions that don't fit the "ZOMG, MADDEN SO OFF THA HOOK THIS YR!!" he typically retweets from the Game Changer types. He's blocked all four of my accounts and never responded to a question. I honestly want to fight the guy.

So tell me... why buy it right now? Why with all the threads and red flags going down on the boards that make it unplayable are people still letting EA/Looman dupe them?
Well, I would buy it because it's super realistic and because of the cutting edge graphics. Yeah, I'm a believer in graphics before gameplay. And 90 % of people complaining that the game are broken are expecting a perfect game and not being realistic.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Well, I would buy it because it's super realistic and because of the cutting edge graphics. Yeah, I'm a believer in graphics before gameplay. And 90 % of people complaining that the game are broken are expecting a perfect game and not being realistic.
graphics before gameplay? wow

to answer the original question.

save your money if you arent into finding good rosters and sliders.
with good rosters and good sliders the game will play a good game of football.
IMO, This years version has the most complaints, and rightfully so. Every complaint Ive read about is valid.

My biggest frustration with the game is the running game. there is no run defense at all. "Run Free", is really run free.
Ive played a number of games where the passing percentages are not high at all. so that can be fixed.

IF you have a 360 download the fbg rosters (IMO these are the best rosters out there). same for the PS3, but those arent fully done yet.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Do yourself a favor then and play Madden '12.It has better graphics than this years version,for the 360 anyway,don't know if PS3 was the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Boy

While I understand Looman is getting bombarded with negativity and that he has to do something to hold the angry mob at bay,he comes off as being pompous instead of at least acknowledging the issues that can/should be resolved.If he was a player in Madden he would get the 'oblivious' trait to be sure.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been sitting on the fence with this one. I've read good and bad about the game, but the majority has been bad, and things that probably never should have made it out of testing. I'm still on the fence, but the side of the fence that is not going to buy it. A shame really.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

If you haven't bought it by now, I say don't. Redbox, Gamefly or rent it somehow for a week. If you can't deal with the issues and there are issues in spite of the odd "it ain't perfect but..." comments as if there are only two choices perfect or status quo, return it, rent again after a patch. That's what I will likely do after Redboxing it, time to return it and try again after the patch drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »