Home

Player Progression XP Question

This is a discussion on Player Progression XP Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Progression XP Question

Since every player has their on XP, how many of you use auto-progression? I'm asking because doing this manually takes long as s@*!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: Player Progression XP Question

I usually waits until the end of the season and do all players at one time. Sometimes I will upgrade certain players especially if I'm looking to upgrade their development. But also sometimes I'm not in the mood to upgrade at the end of the season so what I do is upgrade all the players from a few positions per week .
Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

I check it every few weeks because I do development first, unless I have some starters or fill-in starters (due to injury) that I need to beef up tangible attributes.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Rookie

In online franchise I upgrade ASAP, since better players will result in better performance, which will result in more XP. And it is competitive, so have to be as efficient as possible. Player contracts can become a problem though, too many low salary guys who have a year or two left, can become a problem if they develop a lot in that time span before renewal..
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
MVP

Upgrade your starters as often as possible. You want them as good as they can be, especially if you sim a lot of games like i do. Use your end of season xp to upgrade traits and your in season xp to upgrade skills. If you have a backup that is second on multiple postitions on defense, update him too. Otherwise, save xp for backups till you need them, or update them in final year of contract in week five and trade them for draft picks. Anyway, that is what i do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

They need to update it so you can progress them multiple points at a time. It wouldn't take so long if we didn't have to up each rating 1 at a time.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblasterkid
Since every player has their on XP, how many of you use auto-progression? I'm asking because doing this manually takes long as s@*!
Oh God yes it takes forever... Couple tricks in the offseason..

During the resigning period trade for young players with expiring contracts and resign them for dirt cheap to long term deals. These will be the guys you spend time on building for the next six years for pennies.. Or just sign some guys in FA that are cheap and fit your scheme.

Save some XP
1. Move CBs to SS to upgrade their tackle/hit power, way cheaper.
2. Move FS/SS to CB to upgrade man/zone way cheaper.
3. Move DT/DE to OLB to upgrade power/finesse/strength.(have to move DTs to DE then OLB)
4. Move RB/TE to FB to upgrade RB/PB
5. Move RB/FB to TE to upgrade catching/route running/release. (Have to move RB to FB then to TE)
(Never move to RB/FB/TE to WR... WR cant be changed)

Also when drafting or signing players look for players based with high skills n low IQ.. U can find guys for dirt cheap that have great speed/strength/agility but very low awareness. Although very tedious is way cheaper to build a guys IQ up than it is to build a guys speed up.

One last trick is that when u have players that rarely play get injured, put them on IR and sign or trade for another player. Your injured player still gets XP from games/practices as well so u essentially get extra players to build up for trades or replacing your own free agents.

Oh never draft a FB, always draft a late round running back and move him over to FB b4 u start ur season. Much easier to add RB/PB to a converted FB than it is to add speed/catching to a drafted FB.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

I auto progress all backups unless it's a player w/ a lot of potential. Will auto some starters too but definitely make sure I progress the key players myself.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »