Home

Throwback Roster Collection. 11,12, 25

This is a discussion on Throwback Roster Collection. 11,12, 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Throwback Roster Collection. 11,12, 25

It is my intention to create a thread where we can go to share all those created throwback rosters for Madden 12, 13, and 25 for 360 and PS3. I know there are many floating around the forums but I have yet to find a thread where they are all in one place. This should be only for throwback rosters. Any year prior to 2012. In Xans roster editor it is already possible to import rosters from 12 and 13 into 25. I have done it. So if you have a roster for Madden 12, 13 or 25 that is a throwback and would care to share it for those of us looking to create rosters of our own to share without having to go back and manually add all those players then this is the place. Sure, someone else did a lot of work to make those rosters however, it seems logical that with ease of access to that work then others can create more rosters quickly to get out there to the masses for enjoyment. So, lets get started. I have attached my first roster mod for Madden 25. It is a collection of some of the better Chiefs players from the 80s, 90s, 00s, and now. It is my first effort at roster moding.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ROSTER-KC.rar (272.2 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by SharpShooterAVN; 09-11-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added a file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Throwback Roster Collection. 11,12, 25

If you can covert these 1990's rosters from Madden 13 over to Madden 25, Madden 12 or even Madden 11 I'd be a real happy camper.

File link
http://www.2shared.com/file/W-xWBHkw...90ROSTERS.html

Off the top of my head I believe these are the teams he completed with intentions of adding 4-5 more teams later to complete all 32 franchises for the 90's.

NFC
1992-Dallas Cowboys
1991-Washington Redskins
1990-New York Giants
1990-Philadelphia Eagles
1990 Chicago Bears
1992-Green Bay Packers
1998-Minnesota Vikings
1991-Detroit Lions
1999-St Louis Rams
1992-San Francisco 49ers
1991-Atlanta Falcons
1992-New Orleans Saints
1997-Arizona Cardinals
1999-Tampa Bay Bucs

AFC
1990 Buffalo Bills
1999-Tennessee Titans
1996-Pittsburgh Steelers
1990-Oakland Raiders
1990-Kansas City Chiefs
1998-Denver Broncos
1994-San Diego Chargers
1992-Miami Dolphins
1999 Jacksonville Jaguars
1996-New England Patriots
1998-New York Jets

These rosters sort of fly under the radar because they weren't released until like NFL Draft weekend if I'm not mistaken. I think only a few people like myself and others who lurk around on the VSN site even knew these rosters were being created.

The only negatives I have with these rosters which isn't a knock at all against the roster creator is that announcers will call out the name of players that were edited over in the game and there might be like 5-6 duplicate players like Randall Cunningham on both the Eagles and Vikings.

But having said that without question these are the most detailed top to bottom rosters I have come across amongst classic roster files. The reason I say this is because every player from the backup Offensive Lineman right down to the actual Long Snappers (fully rated) were included on this file which is amazing.

The other thing that stood out to me is that I was shocked when I first saw the file and not a single team was rated 90+ overall and yet the teams still played very high powered when matched up.

I checked the rosters for ratings and the great players were rated in the 90's like they should be but then to my amaze there were a great deal of average players in the 70's and even 60's which I like because it gave me a sense of realistic player separation and depth on the file.

Now days there are way too many rosters with classic teams that have every single team inflated by player ratings. In reality that is not the case because great teams are anchored by a select few great players who are then surrounded by a bunch of good to average players and this roster set IMO captures that better than any other set I've come across to date.

Most of the teams on this file I've played with or against since it's release like 4-5 months ago.

These are things I loved about some of the teams:

49ers-Steve Young at times looks exactly like Steve Young on the field. There is a huge difference between his style of play and that of Joe Montana when ever I played the 49ers and switched them around in the lineup.

Bills-I use playmakers recommended playbook for them and they do a great job of putting points on the boards.

Cardinals-My favorite team IRL. I love controlling Jake "The Snake" Plummer on this file and Larry Centers is captured perfectly.

Jaguars-I must have played this team about 4-5 times and their WR's just always seem to torch me (Smith & McCardell).

Raiders-I think someone else has posted a few videos of this team in action and in those videos Bo Jackson always seem to break off a long run.

Bears-They are not the 85 Bears but still when I play this team Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton and the Big Guy "Fridge" always seem to make plays vs my Cardinals.

Packers-Again they are not the 96 Packers but this is the team that eventually evolved into that team and it all started with the younger version of Favre throwing to Sterling Sharpe before his career injury.

Falcons-I just like playing this team to see if I can throw on Deion Sanders. There have been some games where he has locked down both Rob Moore & Frank Sanders.

Vikings-I think he gave Randy Moss his rookie ratings because the guy on the file always gets deep vs my Cardinal secondary even with A. Williams on him.

Lions-Everyone knows about Barry Sanders but the guy I like to watch when playing this team is Jerry Ball in action. That dude has made some of the best stops vs the run I've seen out the DT's. He constantly sheds blocks by blowing up my interior OL. It frustrated me one game that I had to cheat and jack up my Run Block slider.

Patriots-I just use the default Patriots playbook and Ben Coats is a monster trying to defend. Bledsoe can't move very well so I can get nice pressure on him but when he gets rid of the ball the guy is usually money.

Broncos-Yes they have Elway, TD and Sharpe. But I love watching Steve Atwater when I play this team. I can't think of his ratings right off the top my head but I know his HIT POWER RATING is in the high 90's and between him and Chuck Cecil of the Packers they are the two safeties that I've seen destroy people on hits in the game after the catch.

Saints-I think he nailed their LB Unit perfectly. In fact fire up a game vs the Saints and watch the great detail in Sam Mills from his size on the field smallest LB in the game that I've seen so far. To their ability to read plays and make tackles. I use his suggestion for the 3/4 playbook and all four of their LB's involved constantly.

Chargers-I haven't played this team much but they got a nice running game with Natrone Means and it's good to see Seau back on the field.

Chiefs-I like to control this team when I'm not using the Cardinals. I use either Derrick Thomas or Neil Smith on D and they both feel amazing to control in the game. On offense I move Christian Okoye from FB to RB and play smash mouth football with him. They have a nice Offensive Line that really gets a good push up front much better than the Cardinals OL on the file.

Bucs-It's not that Trent Dilfer is a bad QB but this guy in the 2-3 games that I've played the Bucs is better off just giving the rock to Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott. I've seen him throw some terrible picks in every game that allowed me to beat the Bucs every single time. The weird thing is they run the ball effectively but he starts throwing way too much.

Redskins-I must admit on the file they are rated like a 85 or 86 overall can't recall. I felt like they should be a little higher just from reading about that team. Either way despite the nit pick they have posed a problem for me every time. I have yet to beat this team in like 4 macthups. Their RB Earnest Byner isn't very fast but that dude always seems to crank out yards on me. I can recall one game where he just trucked Pat Tillman to score the winning TD on me. That play looked very realistic in motion.

I only used these rosters for play now games and would love to have them converted over to any of the 3 versions that allows me to have 32 team control during a season mode.

Would love to see how see these teams all fair in a franchise/season mode matched up with each other.
Westview Basketball #33

Last edited by westview33; 09-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
If you can covert these 1990's rosters from Madden 13 over to Madden 25, Madden 12 or even Madden 11 I'd be a real happy camper.

File link
http://www.2shared.com/file/W-xWBHkw...90ROSTERS.html

Off the top of my head I believe these are the teams he completed with intentions of adding 4-5 more teams later to complete all 32 franchises for the 90's.

NFC
1992-Dallas Cowboys
1991-Washington Redskins
1990-New York Giants
1990-Philadelphia Eagles
1990 Chicago Bears
1992-Green Bay Packers
1998-Minnesota Vikings
1991-Detroit Lions
1999-St Louis Rams
1992-San Francisco 49ers
1991-Atlanta Falcons
1992-New Orleans Saints
1997-Arizona Cardinals
1999-Tampa Bay Bucs

AFC
1990 Buffalo Bills
1999-Tennessee Titans
1996-Pittsburgh Steelers
1990-Oakland Raiders
1990-Kansas City Chiefs
1998-Denver Broncos
1994-San Diego Chargers
1992-Miami Dolphins
1999 Jacksonville Jaguars
1996-New England Patriots
1998-New York Jets

These rosters sort of fly under the radar because they weren't released until like NFL Draft weekend if I'm not mistaken. I think only a few people like myself and others who lurk around on the VSN site even knew these rosters were being created.

The only negatives I have with these rosters which isn't a knock at all against the roster creator is that announcers will call out the name of players that were edited over in the game and there might be like 5-6 duplicate players like Randall Cunningham on both the Eagles and Vikings.

But having said that without question these are the most detailed top to bottom rosters I have come across amongst classic roster files. The reason I say this is because every player from the backup Offensive Lineman right down to the actual Long Snappers (fully rated) were included on this file which is amazing.

The other thing that stood out to me is that I was shocked when I first saw the file and not a single team was rated 90+ overall and yet the teams still played very high powered when matched up.

I checked the rosters for ratings and the great players were rated in the 90's like they should be but then to my amaze there were a great deal of average players in the 70's and even 60's which I like because it gave me a sense of realistic player separation and depth on the file.

Now days there are way too many rosters with classic teams that have every single team inflated by player ratings. In reality that is not the case because great teams are anchored by a select few great players who are then surrounded by a bunch of good to average players and this roster set IMO captures that better than any other set I've come across to date.

Most of the teams on this file I've played with or against since it's release like 4-5 months ago.

These are things I loved about some of the teams:

49ers-Steve Young at times looks exactly like Steve Young on the field. There is a huge difference between his style of play and that of Joe Montana when ever I played the 49ers and switched them around in the lineup.

Bills-I use playmakers recommended playbook for them and they do a great job of putting points on the boards.

Cardinals-My favorite team IRL. I love controlling Jake "The Snake" Plummer on this file and Larry Centers is captured perfectly.

Jaguars-I must have played this team about 4-5 times and their WR's just always seem to torch me (Smith & McCardell).

Raiders-I think someone else has posted a few videos of this team in action and in those videos Bo Jackson always seem to break off a long run.

Bears-They are not the 85 Bears but still when I play this team Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton and the Big Guy "Fridge" always seem to make plays vs my Cardinals.

Packers-Again they are not the 96 Packers but this is the team that eventually evolved into that team and it all started with the younger version of Favre throwing to Shannon Sharpe before his career injury.

Falcons-I just like playing this team to see if I can throw on Deion Sanders. There have been some games where he has locked down
both Rob Moore and Frank Sanders.

Vikings-I think he gave Randy Moss his rookie ratings because the guy on the file always gets deep vs my Cardinal secondary even with A. Williams on him.

Lions-Everyone knows about Barry Sanders but the guy I like to watch when playing this team is Jerry Ball in action. That dude has made some of the best stops vs the run I've seen out the DT's. He constantly sheds blocks by blowing up my interior OL. It frustrated me one game that I had to cheat and jack up my Run Block slider.

Patriots-I just use the default Patriots playbook and Ben Coats is a monster trying to defend. Bledsoe can't move very well so I can get nice pressure on him but when he gets rid of the ball the guy is usually money.

Broncos-Yes they have Elway, TD and Sharpe. But I love watching Steve Atwater when I play this team. I can't think of his ratings right off the top my head but I know his HIT POWER RATING is in the high 90's and between him and Chuck Cecil of the Packers they are the two safeties that I've seen destroy people on hits in the game after the catch.

Saints-I think he nailed their LB Unit perfectly. In fact fire up a game vs the Saints and watch the great detail in Sam Mills from his size on the field smallest LB in the game that I've seen so far. To their ability to read plays and make tackles. I use his suggestion for the 3/4 playbook and all four of their LB's involved constantly.

Chargers-I haven't played this team much but they got a nice running game with Natrone Means and it's good to see Seau back on the field.

Chiefs-I like to control this team when I'm not using the Cardinals. I use either Derrick Thomas or Neil Smith on D and they both feel amazing to control in the game. On offense I move Christian Okoye from FB to RB and play smash mouth football with him. They have a nice Offensive Line that really gets a good push up front much better than the Cardinals OL on the file.

Bucs-It's not that Trent Dilfer is a bad QB but this guy in the 2-3 games that I've played the Bucs is better off just giving the rock to Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott. I've seen him throw some terrible picks in every game that allowed me to beat the Bucs every single time. The weird thing is they run the ball effectively but he starts throwing way too much.

Redskins-I must admit on the file they are rated like a 85 or 86 overall can't recall. I felt like they should be a little higher just from reading about that team. Either way despite the nit pick they have posed a problem for me every time. I have yet to beat this team in like 4 macthups. Their RB Earnest Byner isn't very fast but that dude always seems to crank out yards on me. I can recall one game where he just trucked Pat Tillman to score the winning TD on me. That play looked very realistic in motion.

I only used these rosters for play now games and would love to have them converted over to any of the 3 versions that allows me to have 32 team control during a season mode.

Would love to see how see these teams all fair in a franchise/season mode matched up with each other.
Ya these rosters look great probably best I have ever seen. I think all classic rosters some players say the wrong name a lot. Annoying but worth it for the teams. Can you convert or put these on madden share for 25 and ps3. I would be willing to donate if you could!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll have playmakers classic rosters up on roster share in a day or two. I converted it to madden 25 and it looks great! I also replaced a lot of the players with the legends on the game thanks to Ndavis8 legends roster. I just need to re-rate the legends I added in to playmakers ratings for them.

Big thanks to Playmakers for these incredible rosters and Ndavis8 for his legends roster!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntzu_aow
I'll have playmakers classic rosters up on roster share in a day or two. I converted it to madden 25 and it looks great! I also replaced a lot of the players with the legends on the game thanks to Ndavis8 legends roster. I just need to re-rate the legends I added in to playmakers ratings for them.

Big thanks to Playmakers for these incredible rosters and Ndavis8 for his legends roster!
Sweet man! Are these for ps3 or 360? What is your psn?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntzu_aow

That's awesome man.I asked him about the remaining teams he was going to complete but he said he won't be creating anymore teams for Madden until he finishes his NCAA 14 classic rosters.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 09-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher2332
Sweet man! Are these for ps3 or 360? What is your psn?
These are for xbox but I seen that they should be able to be converted to ps3 no problem!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
That's awesome man.I asked him about the remaining teams he was going to complete but he said he won't be creating anymore teams for Madden until he finishes his NCAA 14 classic rosters.
Yeah I know he didn't want to re-create these rosters all over again which is the reason I wanted to figure out how to import them. But now that i've done it maybe he'll finish the few remaining teams. It took me forever to figure it out but was well worth it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »