Home

Question concerning Progress Reports in be a GM in NHL 14

This is a discussion on Question concerning Progress Reports in be a GM in NHL 14 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question concerning Progress Reports in be a GM in NHL 14

Hi guys!

I've got a question for those who has experimented with Be a GM in NHL 14.

Can someone explained how does the natural and the statistical growth both work in the player progression reports in be a GM?

If anyone has interesting experiences with player progress you're also welcome to share it.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question concerning Progress Reports in be a GM in NHL 14

Anyone has any information on this subject?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Hurst31's Arena

natural is how they naturally progress with their potential and age and statistical goes by how bad or well they are doing during the season, i haven't seen anything to crazy yet with it though
Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Is it just me, or is pretty much everything in Be A GM mode super hard to read? The words are so small and seem really blurry. I'd like to read all of the social media stuff, but I feel like it'll make me go BLIND!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
Rookie

fillydilly's Arena

In NHL 13 I noticed that the +- rating was important for player growth. In NHL 14 it seems totally different.
The dynamic rating (the one happening during the season) must be correlated with the player having a good season. E.G He is rated 80 Overall but is playing like a 88 Overall and thus gets a temporary jump to 88 OVR during the season.

Then in the off-season the permanent jump happens. I don't know how it works but it takes into consideration how well the player played during the season. That doesn't mean the player will jump from 80 to 88 because that was the dynamic rating during the season but the player could jump to 86 or sometimes I noticed if the player had a REALLY good season they jumped over the dynamic rating.

I signed Pekka Rinne in the offseason with a 82 overall rating to a really low backup contract. When the jump happened he suddenly was a 88 elite goalie. I looked at his previous season and it was a really good one. I guess we will get further clarification as the games matures.

About prospects I haven't seen a connection with playing them down in the minors for too long. I had 3 top prospects on my recent BeAGM and they were H. Shinkaruk, S. Reinhart and B. Horvat. Shinkaruk and Reinhart had 4½ star red potential and by age of 26 they were still >80 OVR no matter where I played them. Horvat made the jump to 80 by the age of 27 but he always had a really good defensive category but yeah well. It seems potential is really difficult in this game. But the potential of a player can change as well. I had a prospect go from 4½ yellow rating to a 5 star green. So its really hard to pin down how it really works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

I would really like to know if anyone had ideas as well. Seems like a great idea with statical and natural growth but also seems like it dosent work right. Examples I have are Brandon Saad has had no growth playing LW on the top line with Towes and Hossa thru 2 seasons. Had respectable numbers both years. Also potential seems to turn red pretty much no matter what after a year or 2 and I've yet to see it change. Players seem to start declining at like 27 as well, completely unrealistic.

I'm only in year 3 so maybe someone who is farther can offer better insight or examples. Kinda seems like stats have no impact on statical growth, just another random mechanic EA added.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Just started!

I also can't make head or tails of the progress reports, statistical growth appears to only negatively effect player. Is there any bonus to a player exceeding expectations. A 20 year old rookie 83 ovr 5 green stars wins the rocket Richard trophy and doesn't progress. I don't get that. No growth at all what effect do I have on progression. I dont even know if it is flawed because they do nothing to explain how it should work. Deja vu all over again.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm not trying to bash the game because I think the gameplay is very good, but this mystery of player progression is a huge turn off. I played 2 more seasons and the same crap. Players don't develop very well and it seems random yet again. Potential goes red after a year or 2 regardless of where prospects play. Good performance and I've time seem to have no effect on this either. Regression starts early. Am I missing something? Lastly, there haven't been any patches to change anything right? I haven't updated since bagm is all I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »