Home

Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties

This is a discussion on Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties

I cannot scream this at the top of my lungs loud enough.....It was a massive problem last year and it clearly was not addressed. The CPU does not take penalties....OMG why? why? how does this game get released with a major part of NHL hockey still not in the game....? On top this and despite the new fight engine the cpu still does not start fights. I was really worried after the Demo because all the CPU did was start a fight after a hit and they would fight with guys who shouldnt fight. Well EA must have addressed it but now I can paste the crap out of guys and the CPU does nothing.......except once in 8 games, I pasted Karlsson and despite Chris Neil being on the ice I was attacked by Zac Smith....wtf? I did paste Spezza right in front of Neil as well and he did nothing. Speaking of pasting people despite lowering the hit assistance to its lowest as well as hit power and aggresion for myself I can still knock any player of any size down when they skate into my end and I can do it with my smallest of guys....why?
So to Sum it up
8 Games played - 11 minutes periods - All-Star - Hardcore Simulation - various slider tweaks
1 pp (goalie shot the puck out of the rink when I pressured him)
1 CPU fight started after a hit but not with the guy that would fight
I can crush the hell out of anyone of any size who enters my defensive zone with guys like Carl Hagelin.....Why?
How did this happen EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I cannot scream this at the top of my lungs loud enough.....It was a massive problem last year and it clearly was not addressed. The CPU does not take penalties....OMG why? why? how does this game get released with a major part of NHL hockey still not in the game....? On top this and despite the new fight engine the cpu still does not start fights. I was really worried after the Demo because all the CPU did was start a fight after a hit and they would fight with guys who shouldnt fight. Well EA must have addressed it but now I can paste the crap out of guys and the CPU does nothing.......except once in 8 games, I pasted Karlsson and despite Chris Neil being on the ice I was attacked by Zac Smith....wtf? I did paste Spezza right in front of Neil as well and he did nothing. Speaking of pasting people despite lowering the hit assistance to its lowest as well as hit power and aggresion for myself I can still knock any player of any size down when they skate into my end and I can do it with my smallest of guys....why?
So to Sum it up
8 Games played - 11 minutes periods - All-Star - Hardcore Simulation - various slider tweaks
1 pp (goalie shot the puck out of the rink when I pressured him)
1 CPU fight started after a hit but not with the guy that would fight
I can crush the hell out of anyone of any size who enters my defensive zone with guys like Carl Hagelin.....Why?
How did this happen EA?
really? I was actually going to ask what do you have to do to avoid the unsportsmanlike penalty. I played all star 8 min periods and had 6 penalties alone called on me...and i think 3 on the cpu.....i think all but one was called on my cpu teammates though...
Go Vikes
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

My first and only game i had 5 called against and the CPU took 3 penalties. That could change game to game but it seems drastically different than your results.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Got to agree with the opening poster with regard to the lack of cpu penalties...see this thread that was started with the season ticket release:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...penalties.html

The lack of cpu penalties does detract from the cpu v cpu experience and I hope EA look at this via a tuner like they eventually did last year.

Last edited by Ninjoid; 09-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

EA left out/ limited one of the most important aspects of the game? Nah, say it ain't so!

SMH, typical..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Got to agree with the opening poster with regard to the lack of cpu penalties...see this thread that was started with the season ticket release:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...penalties.html

The lack of cpu penalties does detract from the cpu v cpu experience and I hope EA look at this via a tuner like they eventually did last year.
Games are made to be played, not watched!!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can attest, there is a lack of cpu penalties bigtime. I cannot see how this was not addressed once again, there are two reasons I can see.

1. They (EA) do not want to change them for whatever reason.

2. EA cannot change them, the game engine has limitations which will not allow it.

It has to be reason 2 as I cannot believe they would not have addressed this after a few years of hockey fans clamoring for it.

So reason 2 looks like it is the culprit. Very short sighted on their part.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Ive played about 10-15 games total, with the season ticket version, and the disc version today.

Not one single penalty against the CPU, and that's with the slider for CPU penalties set to high.

Ridiculous IMO. I gotta agree, its pretty bad. Which is amazing really since its all the community cried for last year... more CPU penalties. Didnt get it last year, still not this year in NHL 14 either.

Hopefully a patch is coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »