Home

"A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane

This is a discussion on "A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Which Point of View?
First Person Point of View (Currently Using) 4 50.00%
Third Person Point of View 2 25.00%
Third Person Omniscient 1 12.50%
Third Person Limited 0 0%
If POV is Changed: Keep Current Thread 4 50.00%
If POV is Changed: Start New Thread 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
"A Look in My Eyes" - Basketball Journey Of Michael Kane (Status: Sophomore @ Polk Hi

"A Look in My Eyes" - Life & Career Of 5'7" Guard Michael Kane

Basketball Profile - Michael Kane

High School Basketball Team Profile - Central High School 2012-2013 (No longer attends)

AAU Basketball Team Profile - Dayton Nets

This dynasty is about my C.A.P. Michael Kane. The story starts off at Michael Kane's first year of high school and if everything goes well during the course of his playing career he could potentially land a job as a coach or GM when it's all said and done.
The story is told in the first person point of view. Any feedback is appreciated!

Season Options
Season Length: 14 Games
Tournament: 1 Game Each
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes

High School: Central High School 2013-2014, Polk High 2014-2017
College: Ohio State

Head Coach: MarvellousOne
Assistant Coach: megarover

Last edited by beast10; 05-22-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
All Star

beast10's Arena

Re: "A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of 5'4" Guard Michael Kane

High School

"A Look in My Eyes" - Journey Of Guard Michael Kane

Freshmen Year
Spoiler

Sophomore Year
Spoiler

Junior Year
Spoiler

Senior Year
Spoiler

Last edited by beast10; 11-29-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
All Star

beast10's Arena

College

RESERVED

Last edited by beast10; 11-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

NBA?

RESERVED

Last edited by beast10; 11-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
All Star

beast10's Arena

Freshmen Roster Tryouts

Coach Introduction:
Quote:
Hello, I'm coach Arambula. And yes as you can see, I'm a female. I want to not have a biased opinion about me just because I am not a man. I've grown up with basketball and I have a lot of knowledge about the game.
But anyways I'm going to be pretty straight forward here... This isn't streetball tryouts, I don't want to see your flashy moves. We're called a team therefore I want to see team basketball. I also like point guards who can pass, who doesn't? So guards you can use that as your advantage.
But in general I like to see position play the way your position is defined. Therefore I want to see our centers and power forwards play down low, not jacking up three pointers. Considering you're all freshmen and are playing in a global freshmen league, not too many have developed the physical play mindset and if we do I can guarantee we can be a very good basketball team.

So we're going to split you up by 3's and you will run scrimmages against each other. I will be taking notes and well I will choose the best players I see out there. Oh and I forgot to mention, we already have 8 players on our roster and I plan on having a 15 man roster so I will be picking 7 players today.

Ok so I will list off your teams here
  • Michael Kane
  • Jeremy Rich
  • Rob Oren
To be continued....

My Point of View
Quote:
This coach seems pretty cool I guess. Seems really strict though. A perfectionist may be a good word to describe. I'm thinking if I'm not being a pass first player like a point guard is suppose to do there may be consequences.
Scrimmage (3 vs. 3)
Ok so she puts me on a team with Jeremy Rich and Rob Oren.. Jeremy was a defensive use player last year on our team and I never heard of the Rob guy.
In my opinion Jeremy sucks and I'm hoping he doesn't make the team. Only reason he might make the team is because he's a great athlete and is regarded as one of the top football players in the state of Indiana.
Oren looks like he's like 6'1" and is kinda skinny. I think I recall seeing him on Glenwood's team's bench last year but I don't really know. Hopefully he's pretty good...
Scrimmage #1
I honestly think I did really good in this game. The other team's point guard named Sung or something sucks on defense. I could get passed him so easy! But on offense he moved really good and received a lot of points off cuts. That's not really a point guards job though to receive points on cuts, they should be the ones passing to cutters. So I think he received more negative input on scoring on those rather than me defensively not being able to stop them.
But to get my side which won the scrimmage... I like how the Rob guy plays, he's a good rebounder and I can depend on him on a mid range jumper. I think I made him look really good to. He only missed 2 shots as I recall. Then came Jeremy... It seems like he got even worst on both ends of the floor throughout the summer. He has absolutely no jumper and has no handles! Just wanna tell him to gtfo.
But like I said, I think I did good. I scored 9 points, got 8 assists, and 3 steals. I also got into the paint a lot so hopefully the coach is impressed.

Scrimmage #2
So same teams... Me, Rob, and Jeremy. This time we're going against the winners of their previous station. This team features Eddie Gregory. He was looking to set up his teammates more than score but I think I did good defending him because he had many turnovers. Then we had this guard from Glenwood score like 8 points (Going by 1's & 2's) on Jeremy... But I think I've been talking down on Jeremy, he DUNKED in this game! He could touch rim last year but never dunked. I guess the football workouts paid off for him. But anyways Rob Oren was a good help for me in this game as well. I bet he'll make the team. He has all the skills and he seems quicker in this game.
I had another good scrimmage and scored 9 points, got 6 assists, and 5 rebounds and steals. I even showed range with 2 three pointers. The coach had told me to stop doing so many bounce passes so often because they were what caused 3 of my turnovers. She also told me I am doing good job so I'm even more confident!

Scrimmage #3
Well after this game I can say I got some competition from Sung this time. When I played him the first time he didn't do well on defense then this time around he locked me down... I think I locked him down from scoring also though because he only accounted for 4 points of the team's 16. Since I was limited this scrimmage I thought it would be a good opportunity to show good ball movement to satisfy coach Arambula. I gave the ball to Rob most of the time but also got Jeremy some points as well. Oh yeah, he dunked again.
I think I did good on help defense on the supposedly best player, Felix Jerrold, he has no ball handling skills if you ask me. He committed bout 28923 turnovers haha. So anyways I hope my offensive performance doesn't negatively impact me making the team.
Alright everybody looked good out there for the most part. We're now running out of time and I want to have you guys run 5 on 5.
Ok? So I will be assigning you all into groups of 5. We will run running two 5 on 5's.
If you hear your name go onto the right court.
  • Michael Kane
  • Jeremy Rich
  • Felix Jerrold
  • Rob Oren
  • Donn Monty
    • Manual Jay
    • Landon Hans
    • Guadalupe Karl
    • Joesph Donnell
    • Kennith Junior
Scrimmage #5
This appears to be a sportsmanship test game. Coach seems to have put to possible starters up against the players who may make the team but will be bench players. I've experienced this type of game all throughout my team tryouts.
The coach also hinted that the game rosters were obviously fixed by telling Felix to not allow the other team to score.
I tried to set up my teammates this game and willingly limited my offensive game even though I believe I could've scored almost every possession because the competition. I also played my part on the sportsmanship by giving Kennith Junior ball handling tips afterwards in result of his 8 turnovers.
Jeremy led us with 6 points and he didn't miss a single field goal. Felix helped score and Rob showed nice passing skills for the first time.
Like I said, it was my mission to be a good ball distributor. I was responsible for 10 of the teams points by adding 4 points and 6 assists to my totals. I continued forcing turnovers from my opponent which resulted in 5 steals on my part. I even got a block!

I'm really thinking I made the team!

Last edited by beast10; 09-08-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
All Star

beast10's Arena

My Point of View
Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Hard work really does pay off! State championship here we come.

Last edited by beast10; 09-08-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

Friday

-Sitting in math class-
School Announcement
Quote:
Attention to freshmen basketball team, there will be a team meeting immediately after school before practice. You will need to report to the multi purpose room.
I repeat, Attention to freshmen basketball team, there will be a team meeting immediately after school before practice. You will need to report to the multi purpose room.

Last edited by beast10; 09-08-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
All Star

beast10's Arena

Team Meeting/Practice

Coach Arambula Announcement
Quote:
Alright, this is everybody. I'd like to say congratulation on making the basketball team. You all showcased a nice skill set at tryouts and I'm really confident about our team this year.
I just want to let you guys know our basic information... We will be having practices MON-FRI from 2:45-5:00. I will try to configure our starting lineup and rotations up until the first game but keep in mind our lineup isn't always going to be set in stone.
First Practice
Coach Arambula Announcement
Ok so uhm, we will be doing a lot of player evaluation drills to allow me to see your skills once again.
So we'll get start by warming up and doing some exercises then move on from there...
Coach-Assistant Coach Conversations Throughout Scrimmage...
Quote:
Eve: Winfred is still locking Michael down like he did in tryouts. If that's the case then Michael will struggle because Winfred isn't even a good defender...
Henry: Yeah, Winfred may be the better starter. Michael is too short to consistently compete.
Eve: I don't really agree with that, Sung doesn't really have the intangibles a point guard needs and Kane does.
Henry: True what do you think about Ellis?
Eve: Looking really sloppy to be considered one of our best rosters. All these guys aren't what they were hyped to be to be honest.
Henry: Well at least Felix is still playing well. I'm thinking we're a +9 game winning team? What about you?
Eve: If they're going to be playing like this then I'm think around 4-5... I'm really not liking what I'm seeing. Let's just hope they'll get better as they begin the know each other more.
Henry: Yep, hopefully. I'm gonna go talk with Rob, he's passing up shots too often.
My Point Of View
So these drills went pretty well. I got good times on most of them. I'm thinking I impressed.
Now the coach has announced a 5 on 5 scrimmage to wrap up the practice. I'm on the team with Jospeh, Felix, Donn, and Ellis. If I had to jump to a conclusion I would say that was our lineup. I had never seen Ellis play though but I heard he was a good center.
As the scrimmage started we lead through mainly the whole game thanks to Ellis. I however admit I struggled with Sung guarding me. I could get around him but he often recovered quite well. I was also constantly checking coach Arambula's reactions and she didn't seem too happy with my mistakes.
I didn't distribute the ball as good as I should have and I didn't put many points on the board.
I'm going to need to have a way better practice next time.

My recorded drills were the following:
  • Free Throws: 18-20 (90%)
  • 1/2 Mile: 2 Minutes, 33 Seconds
  • 3/4 Court Sprint: 3.7 Seconds
  • Vertical: 23 Inches

Last edited by beast10; 09-08-2013 at 03:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »