Home

Are quarterbacks indestructible in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Are quarterbacks indestructible in franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Are quarterbacks indestructible in franchise mode?

I've yet to see a quarterback injured in a franchise game so far (Ive played about 15 including preseason). In my most recent game, I had three different times late in a game where I sacked the CPU passer, it gave the injury notification on the screen, and the guys in the booth started talking about how it was serious and his family was watching, ect.

It goes to official timeout and the next play, hes back in there. A few plays later, same deal. Then a third time. Its as if QBs cant be knocked out of the game! I can't be the only one to have seen this, but I couldnt find any other threads on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are quarterbacks indestructible in franchise mode?

I injured Ryan Mallet (he was starting because Brady retired) and a qb by the name of Virgin (no joke) played the rest of the game.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Rookie

sickflow98's Arena

I just lost kirk cousins for 11 weeks to a broken collarbone. Ive injured probably about 4-5 qbs in like 30ish games
Old 09-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickflow98
I just lost kirk cousins for 11 weeks to a broken collarbone. Ive injured probably about 4-5 qbs in like 30ish games
So your using the redskins right and you injured RGlll?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Rookie

sickflow98's Arena

Cardinals and traded for cousins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I've yet to see a quarterback injured in a franchise game so far (Ive played about 15 including preseason). In my most recent game, I had three different times late in a game where I sacked the CPU passer, it gave the injury notification on the screen, and the guys in the booth started talking about how it was serious and his family was watching, ect.

It goes to official timeout and the next play, hes back in there. A few plays later, same deal. Then a third time. Its as if QBs cant be knocked out of the game! I can't be the only one to have seen this, but I couldnt find any other threads on it.
You have played 15 games? So roughly a season. How many QBs manage to get injured for at least a game in a 15 game period? A stinger here and now, sure. A hard hit they have to shake off, yeah. However unless a QB is already injury prone, they usually don't get injured.

The scenario you are describing sounds more like the audio being triggered incorrectly.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I had Ryan Fitzpatrick get knocked out of the game in the second quarter. I've injured at least one other QB too but he ended up getting back into the game. I don't think 15 games is enough to be shocked that you didn't severely injure another team's quarterback.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4

Last time I played, I injured Eli Manning in the 3rd quarter for the rest of the game. Seeing as I'm a Charger fan, I then proceeded to do a little dance around the room in celebration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »