Home

Question about CFM and coach levels

This is a discussion on Question about CFM and coach levels within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about CFM and coach levels

Ok I'm in year two of my CFM Owner mode for the Colts. I'm in year two and I fired Pagano for having a sloppy season (which I'm sure is on my part too since I held the controller haha). Anyways Jimmy Johnson came out of retirement, I hired him seeing he is a level 30 coach. Pagano was a level 1 coach, so I assumed a level 30 came with more unlocked packages. Well low and behold all of his packages are locked and twice as expensive as Pagano's

Does anyone know what the level difference does for the coaches? Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: Question about CFM and coach levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Es Dee420
Ok I'm in year two of my CFM Owner mode for the Colts. I'm in year two and I fired Pagano for having a sloppy season (which I'm sure is on my part too since I held the controller haha). Anyways Jimmy Johnson came out of retirement, I hired him seeing he is a level 30 coach. Pagano was a level 1 coach, so I assumed a level 30 came with more unlocked packages. Well low and behold all of his packages are locked and twice as expensive as Pagano's

Does anyone know what the level difference does for the coaches? Any help would be appreciated.
I think the higher the level the more "abilities" they have. Like certain positions will increase faster, free agents will be more likely to join, and others.

I usually like to trade my starting QB and HB and build up getting an early draft pick. But i feel so much pressure when reading the adviser and fan comments lol. "Fire that coach!" "Why is that QB still starting"
Old 09-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Higher level coach=Higher level Fan happiness, which=more monies.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the replies it makes more sense. My fans were unhappy with Pagano (which I like and respect him), but business is business so I fired him. Just don't see why the perks of a level 30 have to cost more than a level one if the perks are all the same.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Can anyone confirm that a coach level has any bearing on free agent's wanting to sign, etc? Or is the coach level only help with fan happiness?

I'm thinking it'd be wiser to sign a low level coach who has a bunch of Progression Experience Boosts, than a high level coach who has none.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

seems silly to me, I am seeing no real effect from head coaches, and in CFM I'd rather have a level 10 and under coach, so I can get coach XP/discount packages pretty cheap, and everything else. if you have an andy reid type, it can actually be quite difficult point wise to get packages.

I notice the coach helping in pure sim, but in games I play, not so much.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
seems silly to me, I am seeing no real effect from head coaches, and in CFM I'd rather have a level 10 and under coach, so I can get coach XP/discount packages pretty cheap, and everything else. if you have an andy reid type, it can actually be quite difficult point wise to get packages.

I notice the coach helping in pure sim, but in games I play, not so much.
Makes no sense that the better the coach, the more expensive the package costs. Seems like this should be the other way around. I'm rolling with Dennis Allen, so I can't really complain, but yeah. That's totally counter-intuitive.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

In CFM, when does a coach's level change? If I hire a level 1 coach, when can I expect his level to increase? Is it weekly or at the end of the season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »