Home

Online Gameplay Tips needed

This is a discussion on Online Gameplay Tips needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Online Gameplay Tips needed

Ok, so i encountered the same type of player that uses glitching and drops all defenders into coverage. Any ideas or tips to counter these type of players? I tried using draw plays but no luck. Its chicken crap football n just tired if its another year of this play style. Esp since you can download nano blitz playbooks. Please any tips would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Gameplay Tips needed

There are lots of Madden communities that are safe havens from that kind of gameplay.

Sadly, if you wish to keep playing in the public room you'll have to conform to public room gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Ok, so i encountered the same type of player that uses glitching and drops all defenders into coverage. Any ideas or tips to counter these type of players? I tried using draw plays but no luck. Its chicken crap football n just tired if its another year of this play style. Esp since you can download nano blitz playbooks. Please any tips would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Just knowing where to look for these rooms are the only challenge.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4

The real problem is pass protection. In this game blitzing is useless. You have right tackles picking up blitzes on the left side. With the lack of
a pass rush most people feel their best chance is to drop more people into zone.

I play with the ravens and have been trying all the different types of man and zone combinations, but unless you guess right you will get beat.

Simple out routes can beat your corners by 8 to 10 yards. Out routes are overpowered and the zig routes are always open versus man unless you guess right and shade your corners.

I could take getting beat in tight coverage, but this game
has Recievers running WIDE open.

If real life if you dropped that
many people into coverage every pass
rusher would be double teamed allowing the qb to pick apart the d.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
I have encountered this style of play a lot as well. My problem is not being able to run against it. I should be able to pound the ball down the field but there is no penalty for this style of play.

Also, I have a problem with those who user a DL/DE and plays coverage. Why are they so fast and effective in coverage?!? Again, no penalty for this style of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Learn to run the ball and force him to stack the LOS. Then hit him w/ playaction passes. Once you develop a good ground game these players do man blitzes and you'll have your chance to burn him w/ a good corner route.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

If he's dropping 10/11 in coverage then you should have all day in the pocket. Hold LT/L2 and use the right stick to activate playmaker controls and take over a wideout. Run them to daylight and throw.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
If he's dropping 10/11 in coverage then you should have all day in the pocket. Hold LT/L2 and use the right stick to activate playmaker controls and take over a wideout. Run them to daylight and throw.

Fourth and Goal Defense is a bigger exploit than ever before... Now when you have "all day" in the pocket your receivers inevitably will touch the bounds markers (sidelines) while cutting up field. When you throw it to them after they're open you get an illegal touching penalty EVERYTIME!!! It's beyond frustrating especially since they love to run that defense with a lead.

Beyond pathetic that they penalize the offense for illegal touching when the opponent is running a pure exploit defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »