Home

Offseason Disappointment

This is a discussion on Offseason Disappointment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Offseason Disappointment

Ok, I started my offline dynasty on the 27th...knowing full well that Madden needs at the very least one patch before its playable...but thats not where im going with this.

1) I actually really like this game!!! It feels "good", yes it IS current gen, and yes there IS so much room for improvement, but for the last CG Madden the game play was decent, compared to other madden games.

2) In the first offseason I let Jay Cutler go, he was a 90 in my dynasty, and to be honest IRL I probably wouldn't have, but it was time for my Bears to move on.

3) The Raiders picked him up in free agency, 3 years, somewhere around 40 million. Pretty obvious they are looking at him as their starting QB going into the next season right?

4) I imported the 2014 draft class with real names, and spent a considerable amount of time scouting everyone projected in the first round. Although, my intent was to trade down or even out of the first round and acquire future picks. So, who picked who, was more of an observation than a competition to me.

5) And now for my real problem, with the Second Overall Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders pick.......Casey Pachall QB from TCU!.........WTF?!?

So they spend $40+M on a 90 overall QB in the offseason, only to turn around and use their second overall pick on a QB?
Honestly, im not going to blame EA, im going to blame the fact that the XBOX 360 is almost a decade old figuring in development time, so you cant scream at EA for some things that the box itself just cannot compute.

But here is my point, in November I will be buying the new systems, I WILL be buying Madden, and I WILL be looking very close. They will no longer have excuses for this stuff, even they have admitted that the new systems are going to allow them to do things that they want to do now, but can't. If the gameplay is MUCH improved, and the AI "Brain" in MUCH improved, if I can walk away from a game or a season, and say "any of that very well could have happened IRL, if I don't have to look at stats and think "WTF?", if in the Super Bowl, they don't award the TROPHY TO THE LOSING TEAM. Then I will keep purchasing Madden every year. If not, than IM done.

All I can say is that, I am grateful the new system is only a few more months away, because this is the LAST CG Madden I will ever purchase, its just lucky for them 4gen is coming LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Offseason Disappointment

I'm not attacking you, but it somewhat baffles me that there are still people out there who believe Madden is going to be sooooo much better than it is now just because it is going to be on the new system. It's still the same development team, still the same art team designing these stadiums, still Donny Moore (whatever he does) and still everyone else involved. I have no high expectations for next-gen, there will most likely be glitches just as bad, your scenario will probably still be taking place, AI will probably play with an IQ of 65, and everything you've seen these past few years will still be happening. Why? Because its the same team... I'm not trying to bash EA Sports, I'm just trying to keep it real. Have low expectations when it comes to next-gen, that way, when the meet those low expectations, you're mentally prepared. If they exceed those expectations, you'll be in such a good mood you're going to throw a Madden tournament on a kickback at your house. High expectations and they fail; well you know what'll happen.

Just put it this way, when the LA Clippers moved from the Sports Arena to Staples Center, no one thought all of a sudden they Clippers would be competing for the playoffs because of their new building... the fact of the matter is, the team still sucked.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Banned

Well, I guess that is what i'm trying to say.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, on this generation.
In stead of being bitter, I am saying, "OK guys, prove that it is the SYSTEMS FAULT!, prove that YOU can create a great football game, your excuse is gone now, make next gen great." Thats what I am saying, "No more excuses" "put up or shut up". If Madden 25 on PS4 doesn't blow my hair back with its logic and game play, I wont spend another dollar on Madden until they have competition. I am going to be optimistic, until they prove to me that it is not the inability of the current system, and is in fact, their own inability, to create a football game, that meats the standards of the year 2013. For crying out loud, my phone (S4) is 20X smarter than Madden Football!
But that is why I am taking a breath and saying "NOVEMBER or bust".
Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

If that's the biggest issue you have with madden u have had a great game experience haha

The first madden on a new system is always, ehhh
Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChipWeTrust8600
If that's the biggest issue you have with madden u have had a great game experience haha

The first madden on a new system is always, ehhh
agreed. not sure how it will be with the new systems, but IMO, the first year or so of games on a new system are always disappointing minus the visual 'wow' factor.

wouldn't be shocked if franchise for 360 is deeper than the next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Rookie

A team signing a QB for 3 years and $40 million then drafting a QB in the same offseason isn't that far from the realm of possibilities. Last year the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn to a 3 year/$20 million dollar deal then drafted Russel Wilson in the 3rd round. In that same draft the Redskins took Kirk Cousins in the 4th round after using the 2nd overall pick on RG3, a pick that they gave up a lot to get plus meant a lot of guaranteed money.

Not perfect analogies because in those cases teams were taking a chance on 2 unproven guys and paying at least one of them significant money. But I'm sure if you look back over recent years you'll find examples of teams signing a proven guy for now then drafting a guy to take over in a couple of years.

I honestly have no clue if the game actually uses such logic or it just randomly happened that way, but if that's the most disappointing this about the offseason then I would be quite satisfied.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't see a problem here. Cutlet is the QB of now and their draft pick is the QB of the future. By the time Cutlers contract is up their rookie QB will be developed and probably their franchise QB. The Packers had Brett Favre and they drafted Rodgers as their future QB once Favre retires.

Last edited by JayD; 09-04-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sounds like a classic Raider personnel move. I don't see the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »