Home

How roles could improve association and mycareer

This is a discussion on How roles could improve association and mycareer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
How roles could improve association and mycareer

I know this isn't 2k14 news, but this stuff came to me, and i felt the need to post it. Now please understand that i have played association, but have spent more time playing mycareer, as mycareer doesn't take as much time to manage as association does. i sadly don't have the time to sit and trade/draft players, and do all the other cool manager type things in association while play games at the same time. Where as with myplayer i just play games and do other stuff occasionally. Where association takes me months to finish a whole season, mycareer takes me just a couple of weeks.

Now, as a person who has spent time playing both modes there are a few things i have noticed that aren't in game that could make the game loads more playable. one of those things i believe to be one of the most important are player roles. Now we all know how in association guys coming off the bench tend to be unhappy with there position even if they aren't good enough to start, and thats a problem. Another thing thats a problem with mycareer is the offensive intelligence of your teammates. One example of this is, guys who are on your team as catch and shoot guys, tend to do anything except that, and usually cause turnovers or blocked shots, or excessive use of the shot clock forcing someone else to have to put the ball up. One way i feel this could be improved is to have a preset choice of roles for your players. One example being when you go to the gm in mycareer you could have the option of saying we need players, and from then on it could give you a choice of which position and/or what role you need them to play. Say if i need a center, I should be able to say if i need him for rebounding, or if i need post scoring, of i just need shot blocking. Same with association, when we sign players we should have the ability to tell them ahead of time what role we need them for, so if we need them for spot up shooting, or if we need for them to come off the bench to help matchup to certain teams(sorta like what greg oden is gonna be for on miami) etc.

I really thinking diving deeper into player roles would really make both modes more fun to play long term. And to even expand upon needing shooters or rebounders or what not, it would be great(mainly speaking to mycareer with this comment) if you could only look at players who would fill these roles best. Cuz to be honest, i would hate to ask for a shooter just to get mike coneley or something. yes he can shoot the ball well, but it would be nice to get someone who is known as a shooter. And to even get deeper into roles(this part mainly association request) it would be nice to tell guys ahead of time if we want them to start or come off the bench, and if in real life there known to not want the role your offering them they could pass it up, leaving you to look for someone else who will fit the role you want them to play a little better. It could also help if we could trade or sign guys, knowing ahead of time that they would like to play for us. Because if certain players want to play for your team there ratings would go up a little.

What could also deepen both modes is to have teams approach you for trades or your team for trades. Especaially if its a known fact that you need shooters, or a sixth man, or what not. It would really help if teams offered you these players, especailly if there looking to rebuild. But what would be nice (speaking mainly for association with this comment) would be veterans helping a team. Certain veterans boosting your chemistry or what not overall making your teammates play better, and possibly heightening certain attributes on your players.

A big help to for both modes would be the ability to bench certain players right before playoffs. This would be a god send especailly if you could do it mycareer since its something that you could manually try do with association anyway. But i can't count how many times i wish i could just sit a few games before playoffs, or at least play incredibly limited mins.

I know some of these things may not be possible right now, and there are other obvious things i left out on purpose, but both these modes are so similar to each other, and i hate to see these modes not reach there full potential. But a few of the things i mentioned that would be nice to see implemented possibly by 2k15 for both modes would be

-Distinction of player roles whether 6th man, bench warmer,backup pg(mainly mycareer request)

-Ability to ask for certain players to play certain roles(hence asking for a player to be primarily shooter, or second scoring option, or rebounder, or whatever your needs may be)

-And lastly having veteran presence mean something on contending teams(mainly association request, but could benefit mycareer as well)

Sorry for leaving out other obvious problems, but roles seems to be a big problem that both modes share. At least i think so, let me know if you don't think it is.

Last edited by OkayC; 09-03-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Rookie

alburst's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How roles could improve association and mycareer

I really like the idea about telling players their role with the team before they sign. If they accept the role you offered and sign with your team, but then you decrease the players role, then players would get unhappy and hurt team chemistry. This and your other ideas would make association much more realistic and interesting to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »