Home

Madden 25: Pop Culture

This is a discussion on Madden 25: Pop Culture within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Wink Madden 25: Pop Culture

This is a thread that I think could be entertaining if there is more to it than what I'm already about to post. I always like to see the pop culture that makes it into certain video games. The nice little winks from the developers to the gamers can be fun to find. Thus far, I've found two. One that has already been mentioned a lot and another that I haven't seen mentioned at all. I'll post mine and then if anybody else has found anything, please do share.

1. Leon Sandcastle - Reference to Deion Sanders' Combine Alter Ego
You can find Leon Sandcastle in Connected Franchise Mode through one of the Draft Storylines. While I don't think anyone has penned down exactly which draft it is, it's clear he's out there and has a few subtle nods to the real life Deion Sanders (baggy jersey and bandana).

2. Ron Swanson - Reference to Character on Parks and Recreation
This one is probably my favorite. When you take over the St. Louis Rams in Connected Franchise Mode, you can check the Staff Menu and that's where you'll find that you've employed a Level 3 Trainer by the name of Ron Swanson. Now I'm guessing but I think this may have something to do with Swanson and Fisher getting comparisons in the mustache department. Either way, if you're a Parks and Rec fan, this may be the trainer you'd like on your team.

3. Shady Monroe - Reference to Character from NBA Street Vol. 2
You can find Shady Monroe in Connected Franchise Mode through one of the Draft Storylines. Shady Monroe is said to be the son of Clifford "Stretch" Monroe who was the instructor in the training mode of NBA Street Vol. 2. In the game's universe, Stretch is considered to be the best player to never make it to the NBA. Because of the helmet, one can't tell if Shady also adopted his father's fro.
(Credit to Sun Chips)

4. Clifford Franklin - Reference to Character from The Replacements (Movie)
You can find Clifford Franklin in Connected Franchise Mode through one of the Draft Storylines. I'm starting to see Clifford Franklin pop up more and more throughout various threads. Some have him listed as a Wide Receiver and others have him listed as a Cornerback. One thing seems to be fairly unanimous and that's that Clifford can't catch. Which is appropriate if you've ever seen the movie. Unless he's recently experienced some alone time with an Elephant. I won't elaborate any further....
(Credit goes to JayInSaratoga, ktd1976 and justwinbaby42)

5. William (Billdozer) Detreaux - Reference to Character from King of the Hill
You can find William Detreaux in Connected Franchise Mode through one of the Draft Storylines. Billdozer Detreaux is a 38 year old running back looking to relive his glory days after retiring from the military. He shares the same name with Bill Detreaux, a character from King of the Hill, who had once set rushing records at the local high-school.

Keep them coming, I'll add them to the first post.

Last edited by MrSerendipity; 09-03-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Adding More
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

I3raiNfreezE's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 25: Pop Culture

I saw Ronald McDonald giving my quarterback a happy meal on the sideline
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
1. Leon Sandcastle - Reference to Deion Sanders' Combine Alter Ego
You can find Leon Sandcastle in Connected Franchise Mode through one of the Draft Storylines. While I don't think anyone has penned down exactly which draft it is, it's clear he's out there and has a few subtle nods to the real life Deion Sanders (baggy jersey and bandana).
It is the Corey Stone and Dante Grimm draft.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
It is the Corey Stone and Dante Grimm draft.
Nice work!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Shady Monroe, the 6'8" WR is said to be the son of Stretch Monroe, who, for anyone who played the NBA Street games, should be a familiar name
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Very first season of CC I did, not one word about Sandcastle then boom after the Super Bowl a "Mystery Man" named Leon Sandcastle is ready for the combine. Of course I had to draft him. Only in game 1 of my 2nd season but with his attributes he's going to be a monster for me.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
Rookie

Here's a crappy pic

You can see Dre Kirkpatrick is 24, he's 23 at the start of the game just in case anyone doesn't believe I lucked into Sandcastle after season 1. BTW I did a fantasy draft.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

justwinbaby42's Arena

OVR: 4

I just drafted a WR named Joaquin Murray who was referred to as Clifford Franklin from "The Replacements". Now give me Danny Bateman and Earl "Ray Smith" Wilkinson and I good to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »