Home

Can you turn off retirements

This is a discussion on Can you turn off retirements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0
Can you turn off retirements

This is completely out of control in cf. Ben, brady,brees rodgers ,peyton, vick,rivers, matt ryan, eli are all retired after yer 3 in my franchise which is 2015. This makes the game not fun. is there any way to turn this off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Rookie

sickflow98's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can you turn off retirements

Of course...not
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
This is completely out of control in cf. Ben, brady,brees rodgers ,peyton, vick,rivers, matt ryan, eli are all retired after yer 3 in my franchise which is 2015. This makes the game not fun. is there any way to turn this off
They are pretty much 100 years old....

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

They aren't going to play forever. Do you want Brady and Peyton out there like Steve DeBerg until they are 44?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

After they give us an option to turn off retirements they should add Barry Sanders to the free agency list. His legs should be fresh

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

That is definitely excessive. I could see Peyton and possibly Brady retiring within the next 3 years, but the rest are far fetched. Even if they drop off in play I bet they won't retire right away. They'll try to stick it out for longer.

I hope a patch fixes this somehow but I highly doubt it. Part of me feels like they just have a set amount of years a player plays in the league before retiring (like let's say all QBs retire after being in the league 13 years or something) with no regards to actual skill level.

Very disappointing. It makes me want to lower the age level of all the top tier QBs to ensure they play longer
Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm in 2016 in my CFM and Rodgers, Ryan and Eli are still playing. It's not "hardcoded" in, and in any CFM iv'e played, I haven't seen Eli or Matt Ryan retire yet..

Yet another overreaction over a 1 or 2 time occurrence in the game. So over the Madden section on this site. I probably won't be returning. You guys enjoy the constant whining and complaining.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Well when I paid $60 for a game that has more bugs than any game I have ever played in my life, I am absolutely going to complain. In it's current state, madden 25 is worse than 13.

And for the record, I have heard this issue on multiple occasions, not just from the OP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »