Home

Dives = Automatic Tackle?

This is a discussion on Dives = Automatic Tackle? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Dives = Automatic Tackle?

Anyone else having issues with getting tackled from behind ALL THE TIME from the CPU diving and clipping your ankles? I know there have been countless times when I feel like my guy is JUST about to break away, only to have someone just do a miracle shoestring tackle from behind.

Am I the only one here? How do we fix this other than trying to time a hurdle properly?

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dives = Automatic Tackle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invurzion
Anyone else having issues with getting tackled from behind ALL THE TIME from the CPU diving and clipping your ankles? I know there have been countless times when I feel like my guy is JUST about to break away, only to have someone just do a miracle shoestring tackle from behind.

Am I the only one here? How do we fix this other than trying to time a hurdle properly?
With how easy the run game is I feel that kinda evens the playing field. I personally love having a wide open field in front of my only for my RB to get tripped up at the last second, feels realistic
Old 08-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree im glad they added this in beats diving only to have your player morph through the players legs like in past maddens.

to me I think it evens out the long plays like I said in previous maddens due to the morphing.... I agree it's more realistic now then in previous yrs.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

The counter to that is the hurdle. Try to get the timing down for then you are pulling away.

Maybe a quick juke left/right could dodge it but I think hurdle would be best.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Happens to me all the time. At first I was getting mad when it happened. Now, I've learned to live with it, and it's actually fairly realistic. Turning the corner in football, especially in the NFL, should be difficult. Getting tripped up from behind should happen. I admit that not all instances should result in a trip. A fair amount of times the defender gets a fingernail on my tailbone and it results in a tackle. Those ones still frustrate me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Seriously, watching AP, Foster, etc. getting tripped up by the slower lineman etc. is painful. especially when those guys are outside the hash marks
Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
Rookie

I wish this didnt exist too but in order to stop people for running for 500 yrds a game I'm fine with it. I only wish they could create a game where Defensive players actually played there gaps or ends would contain like they do in real life, I guess its to hard to program that though ( sarcastic remark ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »