Home

Choppy Gameplay fix

This is a discussion on Choppy Gameplay fix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Choppy Gameplay fix

I don't know how many people have been having trouble with this, but many times when I play, the game will be running smoothly and then the frame rate will drop and the game starts getting choppy. This happens to me most after I manually check an instant replay. Well I think i've found a fix for it. If you start getting this choppy gameplay glitch just go back to the instant replay and fast forward the play till the end. Once you finish just go back to playing the game normally. Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Choppy Gameplay fix

Dude! If that works, you are now my hero. I will try this tonight and report back.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Banned

I will try this too because I love this game but cannot stand the stutter and frame rate issues. It's almost a killer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRob
I don't know how many people have been having trouble with this, but many times when I play, the game will be running smoothly and then the frame rate will drop and the game starts getting choppy. This happens to me most after I manually check an instant replay. Well I think i've found a fix for it. If you start getting this choppy gameplay glitch just go back to the instant replay and fast forward the play till the end. Once you finish just go back to playing the game normally. Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Yup Yup there have been times it's gotten so bad I quit the game, sometimes it fixes itself at halftime, but if it happens in the 3rd or 4th quarter you're screwed.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Just happened to me. Going back doesn't work, at least not for me. Dammit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Banned

So, I went back and changed from "Slow" to "Normal" game speed and I stopped looking at instant replays and also stopped saving highlights.

I haven't had the extreme slow down since.

After plays there's still a little hiccup but I don't think EA will do anything about it...even after they came out (it was reported on OS) and said they were aware of the 360 slowdowns and were working on it.

I feel like we need 1 more patch...almost two months after the game is released.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is for 360 and only if you have the game installed on your HD

I believe I have found a fix for this, but I am worried that it just me and won't work for everyone else and I am gonna get their hopes up for nothing....

Well, I will try anyway. I really hope this works for you as it has for me and it has worked WONDERFULLY

Go to your hard drive, go to the NCAA 14 folder, delete the "highlight directory" and any "saved game" files with a bunch of numbers, weird titles, they are highlight files of some sort. I do this after every OD game after the pics and vids from game get uploaded to the OD website. Literally every time now, because I noticed every time I did it before (waiting a few games before doing it at first) the first game after doing it was SILKY smooth, no lag/choppiness what soever.

So, when I go back to start the game again I only have four files on my HD, the game itself, my profile, the patch, and my OD file. I even delete that sometimes and redownload it just for good measure once in a while.

It has worked wonders, I get zero choppy frame rate stuttering now. Just delete the highlight directory and all the weird save game highlight files after every game you play

Also, do avoid using instant replay. It sucks, but that seems to just kill it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

thanks guys. i tried a few things and it worked. i was up by 15 in a game i shouldnt be winning and i was able to enjoy the game. i deleted both highlights i save and changed from normal to slow and it worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »