Home

My Defensive backs makes 7 Catchs 155 YDS

This is a discussion on My Defensive backs makes 7 Catchs 155 YDS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Defensive backs makes 7 Catchs 155 YDS

Sounds great right. WRONG. He did this for the OTHER TEAM. QB would drop back and make a pass which it looked like i would intercept since my team only around the ball then all of sudden my CB would catch the ball and start running for extra yards. I had to tackle him. 5 out of the 7 times were on huge 3rd down chances. How can a major game like this allow **** like to happen? Ruins gameplay way to much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Icon5 Re: My Defensive backs makes 7 Catchs 155 YDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
MY CB would catch the ball and start running for extra yards. I had to tackle him.
Regardless of which way your CB runs after he catches it, isnt it still an interception/turnover? Screen flips and YOU are now controlling him, right?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: My Defensive backs makes 7 Catchs 155 YDS

lol nope. Wasnt INT. CPU got the credit for all the offensive yards and got 5 1st Downs cause of it. So basically my CB become an extra WR for CPU.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Rookie

I have noticed that the screen flip is a bit more delayed in this years game. Now a DB will make an interception and may run a few yards before the field reverses. Not a big deal, but maybe that's what the OP is confused about.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
I have noticed that the screen flip is a bit more delayed in this years game. Now a DB will make an interception and may run a few yards before the field reverses. Not a big deal, but maybe that's what the OP is confused about.
lol

What Im getting from it is the CPU passed it to HIS CB and the game acted as if HIS CB was an extra WR for CPU team.

Funny as hell.... maybe above the opposing team winning the super bowl when you won it, and 2 spots ahead of the guy who INTed a pass and his guy ran in circles for 3 minutes straight without being tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

This is an actual bug. Your player will line up as their WR. I posted a video of this and a write in the bugs/glitches topic.

I've had it happen a few times.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

How does something like this even happen? People creating game and even checking game out for bugs as their jobs shouldnt allow things like this to happen lol
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I going to make a wild hypothesis but this might be due to Tiburon trying to make WRs and DBs capable of swapping animations. We can clearly see that DBs are now more capable of using receiver animations and there is a video on OS somewhere that looks as if Witten triggers a DB animation.

I say all this to say, that while a glitch or bug due to this should be fixed, it would be great news if this is indeed what Tiburon is working on. Maybe for next year or maybe it's even something in store for M25 on the new consoles. I could be completely wrong though and it's just a random bug/glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »