Home

Need some reassuring: PS4 or Xbox One?

This is a discussion on Need some reassuring: PS4 or Xbox One? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Need some reassuring: PS4 or Xbox One?

Just wanted people to chime in on some basic pro's and cons for me since I'm undecided, but I think I'm kinda biased, so I need someone to set me straight.

I'm thinking Xbox One, but the only reasons I can come up with why I want it is:
- I like the controller better
- I'm used to 360
- I'd want to get Quantum Break when it's out.
- Cool to have a Kinect

The pros for me with PS4 is:
- It's out sooner here in Sweden (29 November against Xboxes 2014 Q1)
- I will get to play NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14 sooner.

Anyone who's crossed over from Xbox to PS4 that can tell med the controller thing isn't a problem? I'm just very biased towards Xbox because of the controller, more or less

I don't need the ESPN integration thing since we don't even have that channel here in Sweden.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Need some reassuring: PS4 or Xbox One?

If you're more interested in the exclusive games for the Xbox, you should probably go with that. There will probably be new exclusives announced in PAX and TGS for both systems.

I would also suggest waiting to try out the PS4 controller, too, since that's a major factor in your purchase. I'm sure demo units will pop up in stores eventually. They've supposedly improved on its design quite a bit.

Personally, I also prefer the xbox controller, but I have no issues switching between playing on my 360 and ps3.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Go to the other thread where someone wants help choosing. On the last page of that thread is a big section someone posted comparing the two systems. It sounds like you're pretty much decided on an Xbox though.

Last edited by savoie2006; 08-29-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper700
If you're more interested in the exclusive games for the Xbox, you should probably go with that. There will probably be new exclusives announced in PAX and TGS for both systems.

I would also suggest waiting to try out the PS4 controller, too, since that's a major factor in your purchase. I'm sure demo units will pop up in stores eventually. They've supposedly improved on its design quite a bit.

Personally, I also prefer the xbox controller, but I have no issues switching between playing on my 360 and ps3.
Thank you for the reply.

I think the controller and exclusives are my major points for getting an Xbox One, but PS4 will probably also have exclusives so it seems like an even match. I guess i mostly just have to get used to the controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Go to the other thread where someone wants help choosing. On the last page of that thread is a big section someone posted comparing the two systems. It sounds like you're pretty much decided on an Xbox though.
Thank you.

As I said, I'm biased , but that's more towards the controller than the actual games.

I'm gonna try to find that thread.

People are still more than welcome to chime in, if they want.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

I'll be glad when these threads end , the help me decide or reassure although I've already decided on an Xbox One because I like the controller and have a 360.

You've already decided, enjoy the Xbox One in 2014 for $100 more if the controller and exclusives are more attractive to you than the PS4 hardware and exclusives.. You don't need reassuring, you just need to wait for Xbox to release and enjoy it.

If it were me and my mind was made up on Xbox One and in your case I had to wait until 2014 before they sold in my market, then I'd probably just get a PS4 and play it until Xbox One was about to release and then I'd sell the PS4 and games if I still thought I'd prefer the Xbox One...

Last edited by zanner; 08-29-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Honestly, I have heard great things for DS4. The analog sticks are supposed to feel super comfortable.

If you are a baseball fan, the choice is easy.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 33

If you have no real attachment to exclussives, then the decission will ultimately rely upon the controller and your friends choices.

The best thing to do would be to wait until after you can get your hands on either controller/console ... given the multiple changes made to both, ONE & PS4 controllers, the experience with current gen counterparts cant be used as reference. This is a delicate matter that can only be discerned with personaly feeling and experiencing both.

To me, controllers have no say, I can adapt ... on the other hand, friends and consoles quality, in respect of long life (likelyness of not getting damaged), do matter "me" the most.

P.S:
- Since you are a 2K guy, please also refer to Vanns thread.
- Your initial post does make it "seem" like you already made the choice and was rather looking for reassurancees that favor such choice, then again, you cleared it.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-31-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »