Home

Once you get a few years into a RTTS....

This is a discussion on Once you get a few years into a RTTS.... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Once you get a few years into a RTTS....

Has anyone noticed that the stats start to get pretty crazy, meaning the offense gets better and pitching gets worse? I searched this and couldn't find anything so sorry if it has been brought up. But once I got about 7 years or so in, I would start seeing 10+ players with nearly 200 RBI. Also, people were starting to hit 60+ HR on a regular basis. As a result of this, the "aces" of the team have an ERA of around 5. Does this happen to anyone else, and why does this happen? In my 2024 season I hit 56 HR with 158 RBI and a .378 average, yet wasn't even in the top 5 of any of those categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Once you get a few years into a RTTS....

Yup. In my RTTS, I'm in year 2022... Stephen Strasburg has a career 5.48 ERA; Verlander has finished 5 straight seasons with 5.00+ ERA; Yu Darvish the same.. Jeremy Hellickson too... In fact, in that year (2022) through August, only FOUR starters had an era UNDER 3.50. And only TWO under 3.00

My player is in the Yankees, and all 5 starters have ERA's over 6.00. The most crazy one is a guy from the Twins. He has surrendered 95 runs in 50 innings. If my math is right, that's an ERA of 15+.

I really don't like that. Stats went absolutely crazy and it wasnt fun anymore. I stopped playing with that player and I created another one, hopefully to avoid this.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

I feel there are a number of elements at work:

Velocity-Most generated pitchers start with a bad rating, and it doesn't progress.

Training-Players will get a good boost from training.

Hitter ratings-a lot of the generated players start with fairly high Clutch, Plate Vision, and Plate Discipline ratings. A few of them have it nearly max.

Power-I just drafted a B potential catcher with C power. After training a couple of years he'll be a B. I wouldn't say there's a lot, but add them to the ones on a typical OSFM roster, there'll be a lot of players with good power ratings.

Potential-It sometime seems like there's 9 A and B potential position players for every 1 potential A pitcher. Over time, that'll lead to a lot of A and B players and it's equivalent numbered ratings.

RTTS-there's simply no way to control quality of coaches, training, or other factors in RTTS.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm assuming the player generator is the same for franchise as RTTS--I'm seeing the same stuff in my chise. In fact, every single team's rotation is stacked with 90+ ovr pitchers, most throwing in the upper 90's; however, their ERA's seem to be sky high, save for the rare few. It seems to me there are just WAY too many A potential players being generated. I'm in 2020, and my roster/minors are just loaded with A potential players, as are the CPU teams, to a lesser extent however. The only place my roster and the CPU is thin at potential-wise, is RP/CP.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

The same thing is happening in my RTTS, both of my RTTS.

The stats get so out of hand that it feels to unrealistic to enjoy the mode anymore.

I really hope they fix this for next year, because this was not a problem in previous versions of the Show.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »