Home

Anyone else struggling playing Texas?

This is a discussion on Anyone else struggling playing Texas? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Anyone else struggling playing Texas?

I finished my season with the Blue Jays, hitting .289 and averaging almost 5 runs a game.

Playing with the Texas Rangers, so far I'm 3-7, averaging 2.5 runs per game and hitting .217 as a team. Pierzynski is hitting .207, Cruz .206, Gentry .207, Murphy .161, Andrus .152.

I've made no trades to the Rangers, likewise with the Jays. And the only slider change I've made while playing with Texas is I've slowed the outfielder speed, which if anything should result in more offensive.

My perception is that I'm still swinging with good timing, but not making the same contact. Of course, I can't prove that, it's just a feeling.

Anyone else struggling offensively with the Rangers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone else struggling playing Texas?

152 games to go...
Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, might be a long season if the offense doesn't sort itself out.

And I didn't mention my challenges with Derek Holland. 3 absolutely brutal starts. He doesn't have a fastball. The sinker I can't throw for a strike unless I throw it down the middle. I can't throw his curve, leaving an unreliable slider. I have to resort to the change up far too often just to throw a strike, and none of my pitches fare well up high, which means I'm way too predictable having to throw low all the time.

Here's Holland's stat line through 3 starts:

0-3
11.12 ERA
11.1 IP
25 hits
16 runs
7 HR
3 BB
2.47 WHIP
5 k

The only silver lining so far through 13 games is Ogando, 3-0 with an ERA of 0.00 in 20 IP and a WHIP of 1.00. Best 3 starts consecutively by a single starter I think I've ever had in The Show.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWilly
My perception is that I'm still swinging with good timing, but not making the same contact. Of course, I can't prove that, it's just a feeling.
Can't you prove that with the swing feedback after a pitch?

I'm pretty sure HouseKeepinItReal said "152 games to go..." because that is a very small sample size. I would give it some time and get used to hitting and pitching with new players.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
Can't you prove that with the swing feedback after a pitch?

I'm pretty sure HouseKeepinItReal said "152 games to go..." because that is a very small sample size. I would give it some time and get used to hitting and pitching with new players.
Yeah, but I can only see the swing feedback now...it isn't as though I can compare it to my swings from my previous season. I'm not packing it in with the Rangers, as worst case I'll adjust the sliders if I can't settle into some reasonable offensive numbers. I was just hoping not to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
Rookie

DieHardTheHunter's Arena

OVR: 10

You must be using the post ped Cruz
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

How's Beltre's hitting line?
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Beltre is hitting .292 I think (from memory), or within a few points of that. After 10 games, I boosted some of my hitting sliders to increase the offense. I've since backed off on the sliders some - still trying to find the sweet spot. I am finding the Rangers harder to hit with as a team than the Jays at the same difficulty/sliders.

Anyway, Beltre is .292 with 10 HR, 12 Doubles and 27 RBI through 33 games. He was leading the HR race, but hasn't hit one in about 5-6 games and is now one behind Cabrera. He's a bit cold now, but overall has been one of my best hitters. Cruz, on the other hand, hitting .230'ish has been a major disappointment...and if not for 6 HR, I'd bench him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »