Home

My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

Thanks to artd01 my 30 year roster set is available for this years game

Gamer tag is happieststraw4.

enjoy

This roster set spans thirty years of what is considered the modern era of college football. 1982-2012. Imagine playing an Iron Bowl with Cam Newton running the read option with Bo Jackson. If Bo Jackson gets tired throw in Cadillac WIlliams, Ronnie Brown, Stephen Davis, or Brent Fullwood. Bama's defense will attack with the likes of Derrick Thomas and Cornelius Bennett. Notre Dame fans can have a blast throwing to Rocket Ismail and Tim Brown. The Michigan/ Ohio State game can turn into a potential shootout with both teams touting a bevy of legendary receivers.

Ratings were based on research from the following sources:
NFL Draft magazines
comc.com (a sports card site that allows you to look at the back of cards)
playmakers previous all-time rosters
youtube

Finished teams, coaches, playbooks, and suggestions for style of play:

Team Coach Playbook
Alabama Nick Saban Kentucky/ Multiple
I formation sub Shaun Alexander into all of the I formation variations. Put David Palmer in as the Wildcat Quarterback. Sub David Palmer into the 2 reciever formations ,he is not not the starter becuace I wanted him to be in the slot. On defense, Derrick Thomas start a defensive end. In the 3-4 formtions sub him in at outside linebacker.

Arkansas Houston Nutt Kentucky/4-3
Don't forget to use Matt Jones as a running QB.

Auburn Pat Dye South Carolina/4-3
Keep Bo Jackson in for the under center formations. Sub in Carnell Williams/ Ronnie Brown/Brent Fullwood for the Shotgun. For 3 receiver formations put Karsten Bailey in the slot.

LSU Les Miles LSU/4-3
Rotate their recievers via formation subs. They are very deep at this position.

Ole Miss David Cutcliffe USC/4-3
Rotate their bottom tier recivers. Formation Sub Mike Wallace and Dexter McCluster into the slot when you can.

Miss State Jackie Sherrill Air Force/4-25
Use Don Smith at QB for run plays. Drrick Taite is the best passer on the squad. Rotate their running backs. There is a lot of diversity.

Texas AM RC Slocum Vandy/4-3
Rotate their running backs. They are very deep, diverse, and talented.

Georgia Mark Richt Georgia/4-3
Even though Herschel Walker is a stud, don't forget to give him a breather with Garrison Hearst. Hearst can score from anywhere on the field. Also, rotate their Wide Outs through formation subs. They are deep and diverse.

Florida Urban Meyer South Carolina/4-3
Formation Sub Danny Weurful in for under center plays. Keep Tebow in the shotgun. Don';t use Emmitt smith in the Shoutgun. he is very ineffective. Instead use Fred Taylor, Eric Rhett and Percy Harvin. Take advantage of their deep wideout's. I use Chris Doehring for the under center formations. He doesn't touch the field for the Shotgun stuff.

Tennessee Phil Fulmer USC/4-3
Tennessee very well may be the best team on this roster set. Their weakest position is linebacker but they are still a good group. without a doubt they have the best front 4 on the game. Reggie White and Leonard Little at the ends and John Henderson/Albert Haynesworth chew up the middle. Rotate backs and receivers as much as possible. Super deep at these positions. Occasionly thrown in Tee Martin at QB for a change of pace.

South Carolina Steve Spurrier South Carolina/4-3
They really don't have a great QB.So I rotate them just like "The Old Ball Coach" would. Don't forget to utilize the utilities of Syvelle Newton. He can play it all. QB, RB, WR, KR, and DB. Receivers are deep. Sterling Sharpe is amazing. Sidney Rice compliments him well.

Kentucky Rich Brooks Washington State/4-3
Score a lot of points.The defense isn't good. Lots of weapons on offense.

Vandy Bobby Johnson Vandy/4-3
A forgotten gem for Vandy lore is back-up QB Eric Jones. In 1988, Vandy pushed him hard for the Heisman Trophy. He's a great athlete and change of pace.

Nebraska Tom Osborne Air Force/4-3
Use their deep backfield. Alternate Frazier and Couch at QB. Pound the ball. Make the other team quit.

Notre Dame Lou Holtz Notre Dame/4-3
Formation Sub Tony Rice in for the Flexbone/wingbone/Maryland I plays. Also on the flexbone, sub Rocket Ismail and Tim Brown into the wing positions. Notre Dame is a fun team to play with.

Florida State Bobby Bowden Georgia/4-3
This teams got so much. Like Tennessee, they really have no weaknesses. The lack of a dominate tight end is their biggest setback. Even though running back Amp Lee doesn't have real speed, be sure sure to use him. He's got the longest run (82 yards) I've had with this roster set.

Miami Jimmy Johnson San Diego State/4-3
Very good team on paper that I have very little success with on the field. Florida State killed them 3 times. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

Ohio State Jim Tressell South Carolina/4-3
This team is a great quarterback away from being one of the best on this file.

Michigan Lloyd Carr Michigan/4-3
Even though Antony (the A-Train) Thomas is rated low, he seems to be the better of their group of tailbacks.

Michigan State Mark Dantonio Michigan State/4-3
Great offense that lacks a showstopper at QB. Lorenzo white is one heck of a tailback.. Pound the ball with him and then use play action to hit a trio of uber talented receivers in Andre Rison/Plaxxico Burress/Charles Rogers over the top.

USC Pete Carrol USC/4-3
Don't get caught up in the Reggie Bush hype. Ricky Ervins is the teams premier back no matter what the ratings say.

UCLA Terry Donahue San Diego State/4-3
haven't had much success with this team. Maybe one of you will. If so, tell me your secret.

Oklahoma Bob Stoops Oklahoma/4-3
Don't get caught up in the Marcus Dupree/Adrian Peterson hype. They are worth the hype. But be sure to use Demond Parker in the shotgun formations. He's just as talented as theother two, just not as powerful.

Oklahoma State Mike Gundy Georgia/4-3
Rotate HOFers Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas

Texas Mack Brown Texas/4-3
Eric Metcalf can be a weapon. Line him up in the slot or put him at tailback. Texas has a ton of players he's just one some of the younger guys may have never heard of.

BYU Lavell Edwards BYU/3-4
This is by far my favorite team to play with. By no means are they the best. They are just fun. Steve Young elevates the play of the entire team. I can't say that I've ever noticed this. I've beat Notre Dame, Miami, and Florida State with this team. And most of it came from the good will and luck of Steve Young. Gordon Hudson is the number two TE (behind Ravens rising star Dennis Pitta) and he's the 4th reciever in 4 WR sets. He is a weapon. Possibly the best pass receiver on the team. He was a guy I'd never heard of but discovered whilst researching these rosters. He played with Steve Young and he made some spectacular catches in the games I watched.

Also, Use Ronney Jenkins at tailback. Keep Luke Staley/Jamal Willis/Harvey Unga for the power run formations but in the shotgun use Jenkins. He may be rated a 74 but he makes big plays in important situations.

Southern Miss Jeff Bowers South Carolina/4-3
Brett Favre has a lot of weapons in the backfield and at WR. But don't forget about Reggie Collier the back-up QB. He was considered by many to be the first Vince Young/Cam Newton type of QB. He's fast and quick and has a cannon for an arm. Use him. You will be pleased.

Stanford Jim Harbaugh Stanford/4-3
By far the best QB tandem on the roster. John Elway and Andrew Luck. We know all about these guys. But younger players may not know about Touchdown Tommy Vardell. He starts at full back but i'd advise anyone to give him some carries at tailback.

Washington Don James Stanford/4-3
DT Steve Emtman is a force to be reckoned with. Injuries tarnished what could have been a legendary career.

Penn State Joe Paterno Georgia/4-3
A great platoon of runninbacks. Kerry Collins is sold at QB. The WR's are solid as well. On defense, be sure to rotate the linebackers. They have the best LB's on the roster, as far as depth goes. Pray the front 7 gets the job done. The secondary is a major weakness for the Nittany Lions. Especially at CB.

San Diego State Brady Hoke San Diego State/4-3
Playmakers are all over the field on offense. Pick your poison as far as QB is concerned. Mark McGwire's baby brother Dan is one choice. The 6-8 255 pounder is the tallest QB to ever play in the NFL. he's got a cannon for an arm but his accuracy is questionable. Todd Santos is the other option. he was considered a "system guy." He's a guy that's good at every thing but not great at anything. Marshall Faulk, Darnay Scott, and Webster Slaughter are always a threat to score at anytime during the game. LaRoi Glover is beast on defense.

Georgia Tech Bobby Ross Air Force/4-3
My second favorite team to play with. Great WR's in Megatron, Demarrio Thomas, and Stephen Hill.Joe Hamilton is an undersized but very effective QB. Think Russell Wilson. Pat and Ken Swilling are beasts on D.

Clemson Danny Ford Arizona/4-3
Woody Dantzler is a delight to play with at QB. RB is deep with CJ Spiller/Terry Allen/James Davis. On D stuff the middle with "The Fridge."

Boston College Tom O'Brien North Carolina State/4-3
Doug Flutie will give it his all. Decent stable of RB's. WR'scould be better but they'll have to do. Mark Chmura is a third down converting machine at TE.. Defense is full of stars on D. Bill Romanowski hits hard and Luke Kuechley hardly ever misses a tackle.

Indiana Bill Mallory Air Force/3-3-5
Anwtaan Randle El left. Antwaan Randle El right. One time NCAA Career rushing champ Anthony Thompson up the middle. You better score a lot of points. Defense is poor.

Colorado Bill McCartney Air Force/4-3
Very fun team to play with. Kordell "Slash" Stewart is always a weapon. But don't forget about Darrian Hagan. He was the force that helped them win a split National Title in 1990. Eric Bienemy and Rashaan Salaam are forces to be reckoned with as well. great group of wideouts. Strong on D. The Buffs are a strong team.

Houston Kevin Sumlin Texas AM/3-4
Be ready to throw the ball as much as possible.

Pitt Walt Harris Penn State/4-3
Have the time of your life watching Dan Marino throw passes to Larry Fitzgerald. Another solid team.

Virginia Tech Frank Beamer Virginia Tech/4-3
Mike Vick carries the load on offense. Bruce Smith does his thing on D.

Texas Tech

North Carolina

NC State

Illinois

Iowa

Syracuse

West Virginia

Virginia

Just added (1/6/2014)
Arizona
(Run the 3-4 Multile with them on D)
(Run a Multiple Playbook on O Penn State or LSU)

Arizona State
4-3 on D
Pro Style Generic on O

Baylor
Keep Default Playbooks

Boise State
Keep Default playbooks
Gamer tag is happieststraw4

Last edited by tommycoa; 01-06-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added more teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

Are you doing all the teams or just these?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

Probably gonna do more somewhere down the road.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

KashW33's Arena

OVR: 1

These are for 360?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KashW33
These are for 360?
Yes. For the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Rookie

volter75's Arena

OVR: 2

These look good, and I look forward to playing the HECK out of this roster set. Would I damage any thing if i went through and changed the helmets and uniforms to look more old school?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
MVP

I do not know if it will mess it up. Haven't tried yet. Give it a shot. If it screws up download them again. It might be best to do a little at a time. And be sure to have the auto-save on.

For what it's worthI may wait until you do the equipment fixes (if possible) and then I'll add the teams I wanted to have. I stopped because I didn't want to put any more on the 13 game because I wanted to do them on this years.

In my opinion, Tennessee has the most complete team on the file. And I'm an Alabama fan. Be sure to formation sub different receivers and running backs to get the most out of them. They are very deep at these positions.

I may have to go back and put KR and PRs back to how I had them. When artd01 converted them he had to auto reorder the depth charts. Be sure to have Willie Gault returning kicks. He's a speed demon. The fastest player in the file.

The d line is sick with Reggie White, Albert Haynesworth, John Henderson, and Leonard Little.

I made a custom playbook for them that features a lot of under center stuff. I triesd to make it as close to the offense they ran when Peyton was there. Too bad we can't share playbooks.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Any classic fan needs to grab these rosters. Between tommycoa, Billysimms and Playmakers - these 3 do GREAT rosters from the past. (my apologies if I forgot anyone - but you 3 are my favorites!). Thanks for sharing!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »