Home

Rotation substitutions issue in NBA 2k13

This is a discussion on Rotation substitutions issue in NBA 2k13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

andrewerdna100's Arena

OVR: 1
Rotation substitutions issue in NBA 2k13

Ive noticed that substitutions are sort of broken in this game. Everybody on the team plays in the 1st quarter and substitutions mostly happen in groups which is not very realistic. Its a big issue with me around playoff time in my association because in real life teams only play mostly 8 players per game but in this game they continue to empty the bench out. I dont want to use manual subs because even though my team would be fixed, the cpu will still do it.

Anyone experience the same issue and does anyone know how to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Rotation substitutions issue in NBA 2k13

Also players in foul trouble don't come out when they should. I was playing the Knicks in my Association (12min) and Amare fouled out in the 3rd because he was never taken out.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Unless you're playing my player, because you can't control substitution, there shouldn't be any problems. Just make the substitutions yourself. I don't know why people let the cpu take control. I always make my own substitutions. Every game is different and situations change. The cpu doesn't think, it make subs when you don't want it to. Change your settings to manual and you won't have problems.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

You can try changing the substitutions in the coaching profile. You can also try changing the fatigue sliders. I haven't played mt game in a minute, so I'm not sure. Hope that helps.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
Unless you're playing my player, because you can't control substitution, there shouldn't be any problems. Just make the substitutions yourself. I don't know why people let the cpu take control. I always make my own substitutions. Every game is different and situations change. The cpu doesn't think, it make subs when you don't want it to. Change your settings to manual and you won't have problems.
The CPU opponent does it as well. Also annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

been broken multiple years. it shows up in the wishlist every year and 2k has chosen to ignore it.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I think it's because players fatigue too quickly. Try changing the CPU Fatigue slider to make it so they don't get tired as fast.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
I think it's because players fatigue too quickly. Try changing the CPU Fatigue slider to make it so they don't get tired as fast.
It's not just that. Bench players who play big minutes (Kevin Martin, JR Smith, Jarrett Jack, Jamal Crawford, etc.) will come in with like 3 or 4 minutes left in the 1st, and then he'll sit right back down a minute later. It's ridiculous. Plus the situation with the CPU not caring about foul trouble.

There's no fix for that unless 2K addresses the issue themselves for 2K14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »