Home

How do I steal 2nd with man on third?

This is a discussion on How do I steal 2nd with man on third? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
How do I steal 2nd with man on third?

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Men on 1st and 3rd. I want to send the guy on 1st, but keep the guy on 3rd there. I've tried what is instructed on the in-game controls overview, but I can't figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How do I steal 2nd with man on third?

New or classic baserunning controls?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

cdaw022207's Arena

OVR: 0

A buddy of mine did this last night, not sure what controls you use but he held down the circle (1st base) and then hit steal (L2). I have yet to try it but was asking the same question weeks ago until I finally saw him do it against me!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm not sure which setting you're on but the setting i use what i do is. if u have a man on 1st and 3rd and want the runner on 1st to steal with tha guy on 3rd staying on base point tha left stick towards tha right(1st base) and tap either L1 to get a lead or L2 to steal. this goes for anytime you want one runner to go and tha other baserunner to stay on their base. so depending on what base your guy on that is tha direction you point tha left stick to

also, when you tap the button tha cpu will automatically attempt tha steal for you, but if you want to time tha jump yourself to attempt tha steal continue holding down tha L2 button until you are ready to attempt tha steal.

hope that helps
Old 08-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Didn't even think about it - I use the classic controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADED
I'm not sure which setting you're on but the setting i use what i do is. if u have a man on 1st and 3rd and want the runner on 1st to steal with tha guy on 3rd staying on base point tha left stick towards tha right(1st base) and tap either L1 to get a lead or L2 to steal. this goes for anytime you want one runner to go and tha other baserunner to stay on their base. so depending on what base your guy on that is tha direction you point tha left stick to

also, when you tap the button tha cpu will automatically attempt tha steal for you, but if you want to time tha jump yourself to attempt tha steal continue holding down tha L2 button until you are ready to attempt tha steal.

hope that helps

Exactly. Thats the one that I use and works for me perfectly.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaw022207
A buddy of mine did this last night, not sure what controls you use but he held down the circle (1st base) and then hit steal (L2). I have yet to try it but was asking the same question weeks ago until I finally saw him do it against me!
Yep. This is correct for classic controls.

If you are also using Analog batting, remember to hit the X or square button after you queue up the steal. Otherwise you'll swing for contact.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

CLASSIC CONTROLS: If you have a runner on 1st & 3rd and only want the runner on 1st to steal 2nd, press Circle + L2 for him to steal. The runner at 3rd stays put.

DEFAULT CONTROLS: You may use the L-Stick to select your runners, then press L2 for him to steal.

Same scenario can be used to advance individual runners on baserunning and tag-ups using the D-Pad.

Refer to the screenshots below...

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »