Home

Getting Head Coaching Offers

This is a discussion on Getting Head Coaching Offers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Getting Head Coaching Offers

I got TCU and the other users got Penn State and Boise State. We are all trying to get head coaching offers at better schools. My friend selected to be the OC at Boise State bc he thinks that will get him a better HC job somewhere faster than us. Is there anything anyone can tell me to give me an edge besides winning games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

vhhsfu0509's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Getting Head Coaching Offers

I don't know if this is an absolute, but here was my experience. I started out as an OC at Duke and turned down offers at WKU and Marshall in year one. After my 2nd year, I took the OC job at Texas over HC offers at Wake and Kansas. Then after 2 years at Texas as OC, I got the HC job at Southern Cal. It took me 4 years to get an "elite" coaching job.

Don't know if that helps.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

No rhyme or reason to hiring practices. I took Maryland from a two star program to two-time Big 10 champs, a 5 star program, a #1 recruiting class, A+ coaching rating, 4-1 bowl record, 11-1 record against rivals and STILL lost out to Tulsa's coach for VA Tech's HC position! He had a B- rating coming off a 5-7 season while I was coming off an 11-3 record AND I am a Tech alum in the game! What??? Went with FL STATE instead, which is coming off 2 losing seasons and a 3 star rating. Wish me luck!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
I don't know if this is an absolute, but here was my experience. I started out as an OC at Duke and turned down offers at WKU and Marshall in year one. After my 2nd year, I took the OC job at Texas over HC offers at Wake and Kansas. Then after 2 years at Texas as OC, I got the HC job at Southern Cal. It took me 4 years to get an "elite" coaching job.

Don't know if that helps.
Thank you, that does help. I am just hoping that I can score a major college HC job sooner than the other guys. Even though we screwed up giving him Penn St. They may be a 5 star school but they recruit like a 6
Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

FYI: Depending how serious your dynasty is about edits, if you change your alma mater you will (usually) get that HC job when it is available next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Well for me i spent four seasons as the oc for texas state and had two bad seasons, followed by a. 500 season and in fourth season i went 8-4 and won a bowl game. So after that year i was offered a hc job at NC state, cant decide if this is a job worth taking or not, would this be considered a'good' program job worth taking?

Should i do it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »