Home

The Best Of Seven Series Vs Another User

This is a discussion on The Best Of Seven Series Vs Another User within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
The Best Of Seven Series Vs Another User

I thought it might be fun to chronicle a seven game series vs another OS sports user and post the box scores and videos here for any of you who want to follow along.

Before I get into that I wanted to give some background on some of my experiences with seven game series and why I like to play them.

I'm not sure how many of you do this but this is one of my favorite things to do - play a seven game series against another user. I think this started between me and my friend back in the Tecmo days where we would battle it out and if you didn't shoot 80 percent for the game you didn't win. Ever since, I've enjoyed the challenge of the seven game series.

Since 2K12, I've played a number of best of seven game series against other users. I've been swept, swept others, gotten killed, had series where the other guy didn't finish and also had several that have gone the distance with some fun game sevens.

I think my favorite series I have ever played was against another Miami Heat user in NBA2K12 (but it was a five game series) where I got down 2-0 and then took it all the way to game 5. In that game, I got Roy Hibbert to put up 41 and the game came down to a mismatch at the top of the key with Roy guarding Lebron and he took a three that was released just after the shot clock expired and I got the win.

But it hasn't always been fun. I've had other series, where I've been swept with my biggest adversary being PSN sreckless who always uses Boston and then there were other guys I would start a series with who would use crazy exploits like the Lebron angle across the court turbo move with the spin finish and then you'd only get a game out of them and they wouldn't even finish the series. And sometimes guys just can't handle the 12 minute game and bow out.

Some series are pretty tough and in some cases, you almost end up hating the other guy because you are so sick of facing him. I know one of my recent seven game series was against PSN NBALegend3 who is a very tough opponent. Our series went seven games and I either beat him or got blown out. It had overtime games and comebacks. During the series I think we both hated each other to some degree but I love playing that guy and am glad that I found him as a matchup and would play him anytime even though I lost in game seven to his Atlanta Hawks.

I've also played a bunch of other guys in seven game series multiple times. PSN breezy2315 and salute_me_757 being another that have faced me with multiple teams like the Griz, the Nets, the Lakers, the Rockets and more that I probably forgot. Both are always a challenge and it's a lot of fun. And there are a bunch of other guys that I have faced as well.

A lot of you have read my stuff and know that I am a 12 minute quarter guy. I always like the 12 minute game because it gives you a chance to take a hit at the beginning of the game and still figure out how to get back in it. It's more of a chess match, fatigue and rotations come into play. More often than not, you can figure out how to get back into the game.

The 12 minute quarter, seven game series is similar in a lot of ways. It's about endurance and focus. You can get a real good feel for your opponent and their tendencies so that when it comes down to it, you can be better prepared to stop what they like to do and they you.

When this happens and an opponent knows what you like to do, and figures out how to take it away, that's when the learning starts. You have to figure out something new. The more that happens, the better you become because you have to come up with more options.

The other thing you have to battle is that your team might come out flat. Some guys won't bring it. Or it might be the other way around and your team is a step slow and can't stop anyone. These are all things that make a seven game series a fun endeavor if you are into that like I am.

In setting up a series, I usually take the home court as the Pacers and if it's a new challenger and go with the 2-2-1-1-1 format if it's an east vs east opponent and the 2-3-2 format if it's an east west matchup.

The settings are always 12 minute quarters, hall of fame, simulation sliders.

I've lined up another OS user (kevmasood) PSN everydayis2k and we are going to knock out a seven game series and put the results up, along with some box scores and video here for you guys to check out if you want.

Kev and I have some history. We have played each other numerous times and had some really fun battles.

He has one of the traits I like to see in a user. He is from the town of the team he uses. He is from Philly and uses the 76ers. I am from Indy and use the Pacers.

The other thing about Kev and I that is kind of cool is that he's an old guy like me. He's 45 still I think and I'm 46. We are the seniors out there.

But just because he is old, doesn't mean he can't play and since I have played him on numerous occasions I know exactly what to expect.

Kev's game plan is to score in the paint. He always shoots a high percentage. Recently he played the Heat on hall of fame mode and shot 72 percent tallying an amazing 30 dunks. I know what you are thinking. And you are right, Kev pounds it into the paint and if you can't stop it, you will get beat.

He will start with the home court and we will use a 2-2-1-1-1 format since we are both eastern conference teams.

We haven't set up a formal schedule but we both know game one is Friday night in Philly. I'll record the games and post them here and post the box scores. You guys will do what you normally do if you pay attention to this thread and that's be critical of game play, call us cheesers and so on which is always fine. As old guys, we can take it and that will be part of the fun.

I'll try and also talk preparation and strategy if I can as appropriate.

In the meantime, I'll have to get prepared because Kev is easily a guy that can sweep the Pacers - especially since I haven't played in a week.

Good luck Kev. I'll see you on the court.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 08-08-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

Re: The Best Of Seven Series Vs Another User

Nice Post , Coach this is gonna be a tough series, i can feel it, it is going seven, knowing u LOL, see u on the court, at 11est. GOOD LUCK COACH, best team wins
Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I've played a lot of 7 games series online before, but never doing the full 12 minute quarters. I usually play 11 minute quarters offline though, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If you're still doing this on PS4, I'll have to run with you one day. Right now I'm only on 360.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11
Sounds good coach. Can't wait to see the different "styles" you and Kev bring to the table.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

What are the stats like in these games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
Sounds good coach. Can't wait to see the different "styles" you and Kev bring to the table.
Whats up Chris11sg, i hope all is well, and if i offended u , in our last meetings, i apologize to u, cuz, me and u ,i thought we had some good games that we played, especially the CLASSICS
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmasood
Whats up Chris11sg, i hope all is well, and if i offended u , in our last meetings, i apologize to u, cuz, me and u ,i thought we had some good games that we played, especially the CLASSICS
Man it's all good homie!!! I probably was just having a bad day (plus you were spanking dat azz) lol!!!!

Yeah man I respect your approach to the game and will add you back on PSN soon. We still got the SIMtral movement going in OAs too.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
What are the stats like in these games?
I'll be putting all of that up.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »