Home

Will 2k finally improve Association?! in NBA 2k14

This is a discussion on Will 2k finally improve Association?! in NBA 2k14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Will 2k finally improve Association?! in NBA 2k14

I've been playing association/franchise mode since 2k3! and This mode used to be the main game mode to play other than 24/7 mode and a few other modes before they made "My Player". Ever since My player was ever implemented association hasn't changed much since 2k10.. The only thing that makes a difference to me that has changed is that they added player finder and trade finder...

I've been hoping they change the development part of Association for YEARS!!! we haven't had a drill to improve inside scoring shot close or even DUNKING for a while!... We haven't had a passing drill since 2k9!!

The only thing they added to association that I was happy about was how they added D-League to 2k12 but it was implemented horribly... since the whole D-League consisted of just created players... just for it to be removed in 2k13..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Re: Will 2k finally improve Association?! in NBA 2k14

I doubt it sees much improvement in the current gen but hopefully it gets alot more attention in next gens 2k14. Im an association guy to and your right association hasnt been at the top of the priority list for 2k since myplayer was installed. My only hope is that they build a soild fondation to build the association mode from instead of adding things one year just to take it away a year or two later.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Banned

I hope so, but my main hope would be that they improve the potential system, hopefully they would implement that minutes/injuries and other factors would actually affect improvement, hopefully then they would bring back the d-league, with a couple of random players that can actually become role players eventually. (Minutes in D-League games would also affect rating increases but not as much as regular season games)

Sadly it is unlikely that this would ever happen since they love to minimize the improvement as little as possible.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

Sadly, I must say that they need to completely overhaul the Association mode. They need to strip it down and build it back from the ground up because they have dropped the ball over the last 3 years in this mode when they could've fixed lingering yearly issues that many of us on here and other sites have been bring to everyone's attention. I would really want them to invest their time and put together this mode like Madden did for its franchise mode where you were the owner and you had ALL the power that an owner/organization had. Then again, Madden doesn't branch out and create 2-3 modes for the game that are just completely a waste of time or are actually infact it's franchise mode but with a little twist (myPlayer = association mode where you control your player) (myLegend = association mode where you control one current player), both of those modes are association mode with thier little twist, so why have the same mode really in your game 3 times? That's taking up space where focusing on the actual association mode would need in order to give the user a much more simulated realistic experience.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

This is a million dollar question to me. I get MyPlayer is the main mode now but 2K has treated the Offline Association and Online Association crowd pretty badly the last couple of years.. Last year we practically had to beg 2K for an Association insight and the only additions were really only Total Sim Control and CBA compliance. The AI and CAP are both in need for an overhaul and the mode needs some innovation bad so fingers crossed.

I really hope 2K comes through this year for us Assocation folks lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
MVP

cthurt's Arena

I just want to know 2k's direction becuase as of now its more thought and work being put into modes that makes us create players then the modes that include the real life players which is just totally backwards in my opinion.

My main goal of playing a sports game is to get as close to what i see on tv when i watch the game, once i see i cant do that i cant enjoy the game which was my main problem with 2k13, the game was pretty much just alot of additions with no substance and the association mode was pretty much nothing but a longer season mode, where the only fun was in the playoffs the regular season was dull and lifeless to say the least.

I just hope 2k will focus on the association mode for us guys that want a true NBA experience not just a basketball video game.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I doubt anything major is coming for association. They will focus on myplayer again I'am sure. Just look on youtube, they all play it... It's the mode that sells and promotes the game.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I doubt anything major is coming for association. They will focus on myplayer again I'am sure. Just look on youtube, they all play it... It's the mode that sells and promotes the game.
This is true BUT the main reason there aren;t many association youtube guys is becuase 2k never adds anything new or excitiong to the mode so your just basically watching a guy play games and make any trade they want, no suprises no unexpected things happen just same ole repeated seasons one after another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »