Home

NBA 2K12's isomotion / signature shot modifier was Underappreciated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12's isomotion / signature shot modifier was Underappreciated within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K12's isomotion / signature shot modifier was Underappreciated

Seems to me at least, 2k13 went backwards trying to implement the dribble stick. 2k 12 was a very deep game in the control department imo i liked where it was going there were so many ways to score with isomotion combined with the shot modifier (LT + RS) And you could feel a difference when switching player to player

Kobes spin shot was amazing in 12

Dirks one leggers were top notch

even Beasley in the post had one of the smoothest fadeaways in the game

The dribble sizeups were nice also i had fun doing Kyle Lowrys fast dribbling sizeup and launching a 3 in someones face make or miss it was raw af.

The signature player moves are gone in 13 i hope there is a way they can continue the dribble stick and bring back the sizeups and shot modifier from 12 where i can cancel it halfway and keep my dribble > { hold LT + RS towards ball- let go RS before shot- LS to off hand} that was my go to move with pgs like rubio who cant shoot that well and was a high skill level move to pull off.

im probably alone on this one tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K12's isomotion / signature shot modifier was Underappreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBEgoinHAM
Seems to me at least, 2k13 went backwards trying to implement the dribble stick. 2k 12 was a very deep game in the control department imo i liked where it was going there were so many ways to score with isomotion combined with the shot modifier (LT + RS) And you could feel a difference when switching player to player

Kobes spin shot was amazing in 12

Dirks one leggers were top notch

even Beasley in the post had one of the smoothest fadeaways in the game

The dribble sizeups were nice also i had fun doing Kyle Lowrys fast dribbling sizeup and launching a 3 in someones face make or miss it was raw af.

The signature player moves are gone in 13 i hope there is a way they can continue the dribble stick and bring back the sizeups and shot modifier from 12 where i can cancel it halfway and keep my dribble > { hold LT + RS towards ball- let go RS before shot- LS to off hand} that was my go to move with pgs like rubio who cant shoot that well and was a high skill level move to pull off.

im probably alone on this one tho
Nope - you're most definitely not alone. 2K13's dribble system is so dull. Everyone has the same damn dribble moves, there's nothing unique to separate a point guard from a power forward.

2k12 had a plentiful selection of dribble packages which actually made players stand out from the crowd. Plus the sig gathers/flick flick moves were great.

Hopefully this year, the talked about improvement with the dribble stick will add dozens of new dribbles for player differentiation.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel the same way and hope it is upgraded to a more signature style if possible 2k didn't need street ball crossovers and players falling to the ground randomly in there basketball game. The one thing I always loved about 2k was the signature play do hopefully since this was the first year of this new style of dribbling 2k14 will have more signature styles in it.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

i LOVED isomotion in 2k12. It gave us so many dribble options instead of the basic stuff we have now like nba live. Many people (casuals)didnt want to take the time to learn all the moves so they started to complain that it was to hard and lives system was better. Now we have a basic system that doesn't catch the individually of each player.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree that 2k13 dribbling took a step backwards. NBA 2k12 dribbling was better. I saw someone cross up a guard with Thabeet and he fell like it was a AND 1 mixtape or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Pro

I felt the same way, primarily because you knew what move you were going to pull of when you put in a certain combination, in 2K13 it seems like I'm getting different moves every time I put in the same combo.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Yep, I'll agree with you on that. I always thought the hyping of the dribble stick by 2K and then by reviewers was silly. It's novelty wore off for me after two or three days spent playing on the demo. Dribbling hasn't gotten better. It most certainly looks worse, since there isn't any difference between setup dribbles and engaged dribbles. It hasn't changed the game for the better like the improved dribbling and smoothness which were a few of the key features which revolutionised bball gaming.

The post game change in 2K12 was a REAL change in how to play the game (not really online, since hardly anyone uses the post there). The dribble stick implementation is just gimmickry. They could have just achieved most of this in 2K12 by just changing the controls.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

THANK YOU! this thread is exactly how I feel. 2K13's dribble moves are all the same between the players, and really got away from having every player have a unique size up. Along with that they got rid of editing the players dribble abilities like the size up's, crossover, in and out, etc from poor, average, good, and great. 2K13 also got rid of a lot of dribble crossovers, and now only have 6 crossovers to choose from while 2K12 had i believe 12 crossovers.

NBA 2K14 GO BACK TO THE OLD DRIBBLE MOVES!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »